New Bass (order) Day!!! Bluesman Vintage Deville T2

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tb-player, Dec 3, 2019.

1. tb-player

tb-player Gold Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2019
    Back in August, I posted about a concert I saw online that featured one of the nicest sounding and coolest looking basses I've ever seen. After much investigating, I discovered it was a Bluesman Vintage Deville T2. It's a Tele-style body with Lollar Thunderbird pickups (and stacked concentric pots :thumbsup:).

So I started keeping an eye on Bluesman Vintage. Imagine my surprise when I saw their Cyber-Monday promotion of 30% off and only 10% down needed to order a new custom bass.

That was all I needed to hear.

I just got off the phone with John at Bluesman Vintage and my new bass is in production. She should arrive sometime late-February/early-March.

Til then, you'll find me watching this video of the exact bass I ordered (same color and everything) on a continuous loop. #cantwait

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    DeepHz, dmt, Bugeyed Earl and 5 others like this.
  2. tb-player

Mar 6, 2019
    This is the bass. Player's name is Jacob Lowery. He's good.
    Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 11.27.44 AM.png

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    DeepHz, Bugeyed Earl, wvbass and 3 others like this.
  3. smack105

smack105

Apr 18, 2007
    Central Texas
    Love the color!

4. tb-player

Mar 6, 2019
    Yeah. It's nice. They call it Surf Foam Green. It's a cross between Sea Foam and Surf Green.

5. Bruce Avilla

Bruce Avilla Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2021
    Fayetteville, TN.
    TB-Player, can you give us an update after having the Bluesman Vintage bass for a couple years??

6. tb-player

Mar 6, 2019
    Sure thing. I had it for a year and a half. It was a phenomenal bass. Lightweight and really played well. I ended up selling it for a decent profit, in an attempt to clean house & buy a more expensive bass. Big mistake. Huge! I have since contacted John at Bluesman and am having an identical bass made. I should have it by the end of the year. It will be so nice to have that bass back. I have missed it tremendously.

7. Bruce Avilla

Sep 16, 2021
    Fayetteville, TN.
    Ahh! When I visited the shop yesterday, John said that bass model is the best selling instrument they make. The body is made from Paulownia wood, which is extremely light. The Lollar Thunderbird pickups are about the best ($210 a piece from Lollar). The bass retails for $2600. now, and you can put a down payment to start the months of production, and pay a portion monthly. I've heard studio recordings where the bass was used (played by Jacob Lowery) and the sound is absolutely spot on. Thanks for your reply!

8. tb-player

Mar 6, 2019
    As of right now, I'm having mine made out of cypress, like my last one. Paulownia is so light... almost too light. I really liked the tone of the cypress and the overall bass weighed in at a very balanced 8lb, which is right where I want it.

9. Bruce Avilla

Sep 16, 2021
    Fayetteville, TN.
    If you haven't seen this video, it has Jacob Lowery playing his Bluesman Vintage bass. Check out the quality:
    He is a fantastic player - and he de-tunes a half-step!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  10. tb-player

Mar 6, 2019
    Yeah, I love that video. Jacob is a good player. He also hosts a podcast called The Sideman Chronicles. It's pretty interesting.

11. Bruce Avilla

Sep 16, 2021
    Fayetteville, TN.
    Good tip on the podcast - I wasn't aware! Checked and his FIRST interview is with Gordon Mote, who is an incredible pianist, composer, and producer in Nashville. Just heard him live last Saturday the 11th in Fayetteville, TN. The Sideman Chronicles: EPISODE 1: GORDON MOTE
    I will definitely listen to some of these! Thank you for the info. (Jacob Lowery played on Gordon's latest album "Love, Love, Love" and sounded superb).