Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Bass Overdrive

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by stevekim, Nov 13, 2002.

1. stevekim

stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
  2. BFunk

BFunk Supporting Member

Yeah, they do sound great. Does anyone know if they are being distributed in the US?

3. stevekim

stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    musictoyz.com carries BJF pedals but I don't see the bass overdrive

4. stevekim

stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    here is the reply I got from musictoyz when I asked them about the BJF bass overdrive pedal:

"Steve we will have all of them....but they have run out of parts and are VERY slow making our batch....Dec???"

-Steve

5. BFunk

BFunk Supporting Member

Did he mention a price? I see them online at 275 EURO, or about $265. That's a lot of money, even for this quality.

6. stevekim

stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
  7. BFunk

BFunk Supporting Member

Hmmm, $199 for an overdrive is still high, but much more in line with other pedals of this quality. If it does what it says it can, I may have to sell the Angler and the Lo-Tone.

8. stevekim

stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    I guess we'll have to wait and see. I've got pretty bad g.a.s. for this pedal but we'll see how I feel a few months from now. I have a tendency to get worked up over dirt boxes and I still really like my dredgetone. Why don't you keep the frantone? I'm not sure if fuzz is the BJF's forte.

-Steve

9. BFunk

BFunk Supporting Member

Well, according to the review in one of the links, it can do light OD to heavy fuzz. What is cool is that in the heaviest settings, it cuts the bass a little. This actually a pretty smart idea based on my experience.

10. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I agree, it sounds great. The first few samples sound pretty close to an overdiven tube bass amp.

$199 is still steep though, not to mention taking the risk with going with a foreign manufacturer. If you have warranty problems or defects, it may be more trouble than it's worth.

It is one of the better pedals that I heard though!