New Bass - Pics here!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Johnny BoomBoom, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Right, here's a pic of how I recently dealt with a dose of GAS! It's a Yamaha Attitude 10th Anniversary model!

Edit - To fix my poxy spelling!
  2. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    congrats, I suppose you like purple ;)

It's stereo ?
    what are its specifics ?

3. Yeah, I have a fondness for purple!

In a sense it is stereo! There is one output jack for each pickup - the P type that you can see, and the 'woofer' which is under the raised part of the scratchplate! Although you can get the output out of both pickups from either socket by using the push-push volume pot for the P pup!

It has 2 volume, and 1 tone (for the 'woofer' pup). The tone pot also is a push-push switch and it gives a high cut - makes it really bassy! Both pups are DiMarzio, bass is passive, has 21 frets last 5 on the D and G string are scalloped (although I don't have much use for this!). The position markers are Billy Sheehans fingerprints!

Hmmm, what else.....oh, it has a hipshot D tuner!

Oh, it's one of only 300 made! I reckon that about sums it up!
  4. Professor X

Professor X

Apr 15, 2002

Nice Bass!!! Congrats
  5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    I love the matching fingerboard! Pretty snazzy!
  6. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Sweet Yammy Johnny!
  7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  8. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I like fancy schmancy basses made of rare schpalted schmurled sapwood from the tazzleberry tree.. I also like funky basses like your purple and pearloid Yammy. Nice catch, congrats! :)
  9. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Very cool. My daughter would kill to have a bass that colour.
  10. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    wow that's P U R P L E!!!

me like!
  11. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Well done, Johnny-boy! If I'd play fours, I would had looked into those myself!

And if you someday get bored to it, you can always sell it to The Artist Presently Known As Prince :cool:
  12. Yeah...I saw one at my "Local" Guitar Center...

Say,whats the scallop used for?

P.S Nice Color...however I don't care for Yamaha

13. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Sweet bass!

14. The scallop is - allegedly - for vibrato, but instead of moving the string from side to side, you apply/decrease pressure thereby strectching/shortening the string over the fret!

Doubt I'll ever manage though!;)
  15. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

FWIW I think the scallop is also for aggressive upper-range string bending: the string will always glide over the frets rather than bottoming out on the fretboard. I'm not that aggressive either, but hey, the scallops are mojo IMHO!

16. you're probably right - very Yngwie Malmsteen whatever way you look at it! Doubt I'll use it much.....;)
  17. Johnny - I thought you were getting a Spector????????????
  18. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Dude, that Yamaha bass is extremely cool. Big thumbs up!!!:bassist: :bassist: