1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Bass Pics

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by steve2, Jul 19, 2007.

1. steve2

steve2

Sep 23, 2001
    Piney Flats, TN
    My new ESP B-206SM arrived today. The finish and quality seems very good. Right now the only complains are a very slight buzz on one string and I really dont care for the SIT strings. (They seem rough).

http://www.justpoas.com/bass2.htm

2. 00Funk

00Funk Banned

Jul 17, 2006
    Dallas TX
    Looks pretty cool

3. sweet! Especially since I like bolt on neck over neck thrus.
    You may want to spend a little $$ and take it to a good tech and have it set up with the gauge and brand of strings you plan on using. The buzz maybe a little truss rod adjustment.
    When ever I get a new bass I take it to the tech with a new pack of strings and have a full setup done, intonation, action, truss rod adjustment and fret level/dressing. usually around $75 and well worth it. I like low action too!

4. SWEET!
    I hope you'll enjoy it
    Hellbastard.

5. steve2

steve2

Sep 23, 2001
    Piney Flats, TN
    Thanks I have a lot to learn on a 6 string. Still figuring out what strings to put on. I would like to put on DR Fat Beams. I think they maybe long enough. I measured the ball to the tuner on the longest string and it is 42 3/4 inches long. I like smooth playing strings.

6. Steve2 are you sure youe measured ok? Because according to ESP website that a 35" scale bass. I don't know DR strings s o I can't give you info on those.
    Anyway congrats!

7. steve2

steve2

Sep 23, 2001
    Piney Flats, TN
    I am pretty sure. That is from the back of the bridge to the farthest tuner peg. I can double check. It is 35" scale

8. afinalfantasy

afinalfantasy Banned

Jan 11, 2006
    Looks nice

I'm not a one for ESP basses but the finish looks cool

9. Hey steve MAYBE my latest post wasn't well structured, What I meant was that your bass is a 35" scale that's the measure from bridge to nut (Not strings lenght!). Now as far as I know you would need long scale bass guitar strings. I hope someone who really knows this things will show up. Or just go to the strings forum and ask.

10. puff father

puff father Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Endicott, NY
    Nice. What about that extra string though?

:bassist:

11. steve2

steve2

Sep 23, 2001
    Piney Flats, TN
    This model is not a sting through