New Bass player, any tips?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by David_Swan, Jul 16, 2001.

1. :confused:

1 vote(s)
  2. :confused:

5 vote(s)
  1. David_Swan

Jul 15, 2001
    PR MN
    Im a new Bass player, anyone have any tips?
  2. TonyS

Dec 13, 1999

Welcome to Talkbass, filling in your profile will make it a lot easier to offer recommendations. How long you been playing.? Do you take lessons.?

My First tip would be ... Don't eat the yellow snow. :)

Tip #2. If your intentions are to become a well versed musician, find yourself a good teacher and learn how to read standard notation.

Best Wishes.
  3. i opted to vote for the first confused purple face thing.
  4. TheFrizzleFry

TheFrizzleFry Guest

Nov 21, 2000
    Stinktown, Pa, USA
    My advice... don't mention the word "tab" around these guys... things get ugly.
  5. Lord Bishop

Lord Bishop Guest

Jul 16, 2001
    Brooklyn N.Y.

My Advice to you is is this, T.P.P., Time, Patience, Practice. Always keep in mind that developing a good technique takes Time. You're gonna make mistakes, and a lot of them, we all have, just keep a cool head and work through the problem, Patience is definately a major key when learning. Last but not least Practice. Practice, practice, practice, practice. This is the only way you're ever gonna get to where you want to be.

If you have any questions feel free to Email me at

6. i am also less than a year at the bass, the only advise i can give is to keep going, even though it seems that your not progressing, you are but just dont know it all the time. remember its a lifelong process and take your time, but try to practice like you have little time left.
  7. my advice is playing your bass anytime you can or any time you think about it! don't give up, to be afraid to take critizm and stay positive. i've only been playing for about 10 months, but thanks to the members in my band for showing me a couple things i can now play pretty good!

always take advice wether it is good or bad! you can always learn something from it! and never think your done learning, you can never be done!

good luck to ya! if you need any tips or are wondering anything give me shout on my e-mail!