Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Bass Player Magazine...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by KingBiz007, Oct 7, 2000.

1. KingBiz007

KingBiz007

Oct 5, 2000
    Does anyone have the new issue with Sam Rivers from Limp BizkiT on the cover??? I cant find the issue anywhere in Niagara Falls.

Can anyone tell me if his tuning is mentioned in the interview?

2. I have it.. he tunes to C but they have it for a standard tuned 5 strings with the c on the 2nd fret

-Willz

3. Zjarrett

Zjarrett

Sep 17, 2000
    tunes it C#,F#,B,E,A#....weird huh

4. dan a

dan a

Oct 6, 2000
    I had to take that copy out of my bathroom. I did not like the way he was looking at my wife!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dan

5. KingBiz007

KingBiz007

Oct 5, 2000
    "I had to take that copy out of my bathroom. I did not like the way he was looking at my wife!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Hahahahahaha!!! oh man that was funny!

Thanks a lot for your help guys.

hahahaha...

6. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    No he doesnt. He tunes A#, C#, F#, B, E. Thats 1½ steps on the E, A, D and G (to match the guitar), and a halfstep on the B, because he doesnt want to go all the way down to G#, because he doesnt like it.

What else do you want to know?

7. KingBiz007

KingBiz007

Oct 5, 2000
    Thanks, i couldnt find his tuning anywhere. He is one of my favorite bass players.

He doesnt use any pedals right??

And, what amps/cabs does he use? I know he has Ampeg cabs but are they 810's? 2x15's? 1540's?

8. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    8x10s. Why does it matter?

9. KingBiz007

KingBiz007

Oct 5, 2000
    I'm curious to know... thats all.

10. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    oh god not you again......

11. will someone explain this "topic's" anger? it just seems to me like there is a lot of tenson between you guys. did i miss somthing?

12. Offbase

Offbase

Mar 9, 2000
    Check out the review of Steve Barr's "J-Retro" preamp in that issue!

13. KingBiz007

KingBiz007

Oct 5, 2000
    Oh hey! Its Casey C. from the KoRn board who makes fun of me cuz i'm canadian. How's it goin?

Anyone here from any other country that USA better not talk to Casey C. Everything he likes is better than us.

14. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Actually, according to the article, he tunes the low string to A# because he likes the convenience of grabbing a unison low C# at the 3rd fret.

15. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    i just make fun of canada. no other countries.

16. KingBiz007

KingBiz007

Oct 5, 2000
    Okay, calm down charlie.

17. gmstudio99

gmstudio99

Mar 11, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Guys...we're working really hard to keep things civil around here...from this distance it's hard to tell if you guys are really buds or if there is some real tension. If it's the former, please clarify, if the latter, please play elsewhere.

Thank you.

-GM, still moderator

18. KingBiz007

KingBiz007

Oct 5, 2000
    Oh nah, we're just friends who like to make fun of each others nationalities.

19. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Sam Rivers is a good bassist, especially for one of those "Korn, Limp Bizkit" type bands.. I will definately pick him as a better bassist. He has a pretty damn nice Bass too.. what was it.. a Warwick.. Streamer? not really sure but he's a great bassist. :) He doesn't use Ibanez like "SOME" People rofl :D

DM

20. KingBiz007

KingBiz007

Oct 5, 2000
    Warwick Streamer Stage I with custom Ibanez Bridge and Glowing LED's