Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New bass player on the scene releases solo CD...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by sjbass, Sep 16, 2004.

1. sjbass

sjbass

Sep 15, 2004
    Hey everybody,

I wanted to tell everybody about my new CD that I just released. It's called "mad science" and it features myself (Steve Jenkins) on bass, Adam Deitch (john scofield band) on drums, David Fiuczynski (screaming headless torsos) on guitar, Sam Kininger (soulive) on alto saxophone and a host of other great musicians.

10 tracks total. 9 original compositions and one killer cover of herbie hancock's "actual proof".

It is available through my website www.stevejenkinsbass.com
    There are sound clips as well as live clips. Feel free to check them out.

peace,

Steve Jenkins

2. Wildside

Wildside

Jan 12, 2004
    theater of pain
    hey man, sounds like a cool cd. I'll have to wait till later to download clips but from what i've heard of adam deitch he's a very bad mother, so I'm sure it's smoking. I'm more into classical and rock than I am jazz, but i'll check it out and let you know what i think.

3. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Steve

Welcome to TB. You may just want to check with the forum mods whether you are allowed to post an "advertisement" like this. Given you are a solo bass player it may be okay, but it never hurts to check first - some people get pretty upset about spam.

Happy postings!

4. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    Ah come on Mark, It's Steve Jenkins for cryin' out ;) He's more than welcome. I'll check it out soon Steve.

5. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Well, yeah. But it's still SPAM and it's still the only post. Both Lonnie Plaxico and Jim Stinnett had the manners to contribute as individuals to threads before they got around to even MENTIONING that they had something for sale.

You're gonna advertise stuff for sale, talk to ADMIN PAWLIE about paying for advertising space.

6. sjbass

sjbass

Sep 15, 2004
    Hey folks,

Big misunderstanding on my part about the whole spam thing. I can see where some of you were coming from. Pardon my ignorance.

7. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    Sorry Mark, looking back I didn't know he only had one post. I'll never undermind you again and with that I take your Lombardi to the chin. Along with a backhand if you wanna toss it in.

8. bass_guy33

bass_guy33

Jan 24, 2004
    Very nice, I like the variations of music, like from funk to progressive jazz. I myself like Weather Report and the Flecktones, so most of this was right up my alley.

9. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    No worries. Please feel free to become a part of the community. since you enjoy the solo bass thang, there's a lot of talk about that going on in the Steve Lawson/Mike Manring section. I'm sure they'd welcome new input.

10. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    steve sounds great!!

i put you on my bookmarks, i really need to go through your webby!

:)

11. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    I really dig the Screaming Headless Torsos, how many albums did they put out?

12. I heard some of the songs, and they're cool! Nice job!

13. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  14. sjbass

sjbass

Sep 15, 2004
    Hey,

Thanks for all the positive feedback.

Screaming Headless Torsos have only put out two albums but they did record some new stuff over the winter time (same lineup as the SHT LIVE CD...Fima Ephron on bass...killin'). Fuze has a full plate of projects that he is trying to finish up at this time so who knows when they'll release it. I play mostly in Fuze's trio although I have done some Screaming Headless Torsos gigs.

Anyhow, thanks again.

15. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    is the live album with Gene Lake?

16. sjbass

sjbass

Sep 15, 2004
    yeah. that's Gene Lake on the live one.