new bass player

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by basseddie, Feb 6, 2001.

1. Hi ya'll,
    Great forum and site this is...
    Been playin drums for few years in our church praise band, but we have been lacking a bass player for 6 months so i thought i would give it a try. I played quitar before so the bass was not to hard to get into.
    I find that playing the bass is a lot of fun.. sould have learned long ago...
    Anyway my main question is, i picked up a fender mim jazz 5 string and a fender bassman 100 amp. What i would like to know is this a decent low budget setup and what are you guys opinions of the fender stuff.
    I know i got a lot to learn but i am looking foreward to it
  2. NJXT

Jan 9, 2001
    Lyon, FRANCE
    May I say "Welcome to Talkbass, basseddie" or is it a moderator privilege ? ;)
    Well, welcome anyway.
    I don't know about the MIM jazz 5 but, when I was looking for a new combo, I tried the Fender Bassman 100 and really loved the sound (especially with the "enhancer" thingamabo).
    If you and your fellow musicians play loud, it might not be enough but the sound is really good, IMHO.
    The tweeter horn is very effective.
  3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Hey Eddie & welcome. I used to work for Sam Ash in Bklyn NY & I've sold both of those again & again to many satisfied customers. You have a great rig for church & if you want to do small clubs/pubs. Good luck learning & most of all <i><u>have fun!!!</i></u> :)
  4. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Let there be peace in the valley brother! :)
  5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    NJXT: The welcoming privilege belongs to whoever met the new member first. Of course, that doesn't mean that other people can't welcome the new member as well.

So, Welcome, Eddie, to TalkBass, this Hotel California of websites with one difference: you can check out any time you like, but you'll always come back.;)

Will C.:cool: