1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Bass Player

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by busdriver72, May 15, 2006.

1. busdriver72

busdriver72

May 15, 2006
    Hello!
    I've played rythym guitar for a long time, and I thought I'd give the bass a serious shot. I'm starting from bottom (as far as bass is concerned.) I've got a Rogue (yeah...I know...but money was tight) Viloa bass (Hofner copy) and a Beringher amp coming in from MusiciansFriend. S'funny....S&H was free on the bass and the amp....but had to pay S&H on the case. Will be playing in the country-type to light-pop type music.

2. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    Mazl Tov

3. Ibanezzer

Ibanezzer

Aug 12, 2004
    Dayton, Ohio
    Hey great to see you've found an interest in bass, its an amazing instrument choice. Welcome to the forum too.

David.

4. Hey. Welcome to the wonderful world known as talkbass. Good to hear you've got an intrest in the instrument. And nice choice on your bass. Yeah, its a Rouge, but for the money you pay, they really aren't bad at all.

5. Altitude

Altitude An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure. Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    Welcome, friend. Bass is one of those "a day to learn, a lifetime to master" things. I'm sure you will enjoy your pursuit, and please keep us posted.

6. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    Haaaaiil to the bus driver.

7. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    welcome to the low end. glad to see you've started playing bass. Rhythm is a beautiful thing and i hope you fall in love with it like i have. Hold the groove and make that drummer your best friend and you'll be just fine. It's all about that pocket. When you find it you'll never wanna leave. Good luck!

8. Oliver

Oliver

Jun 21, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    Hey mate, welcome, hope you have a good time on these boards.
    we're here to help if you need it.

9. busdriver72

busdriver72

May 15, 2006
    Thanks for the welcome.
    Got it out Sunday evening and played it. My wife played a couple of songs on the piano, and after a few minutes I had a bass line going. My 16 year old daughter wanted to try it, and picked up a bass line fairly well after a few minutes.
    We we're just playing by ear, and I knew a little bit due to my guitar background. My wife enjoyed listening to it, and she was a bit skeptical about me getting a bass at first.
    I like this little viola bass. Looks nice, comfortable, and sound nice, too.

10. withdevil

withdevil

Apr 23, 2005
    Dallas,TX
    sup bus driver