New Bass Publication!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Wxp4759cb, Jul 14, 2002.

1. Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I just found this new bass magazine called "Bass Guitar Magazine". It is printed in England. I think the one I picked up must be the second issue they've done. I'm still reading through it, but so far I really like it. Its kinda refreshing. Anyone else ever heard of it?
  2. yep.
    I bought the first (John Paul Jones on the front)issue too.
    I've only seen it stocked in one newsagent in London- the one on Tottenham Court Road near the Computer Exchange shop.

they've got a website now;

anyone else entered the Basstech competition?
    I sent in a re-recorded version of MTR off my page- worth a try.
  3. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    I've tried several times to get a US subscription online but the server doesn't work.
  4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I still haven't found a copy - not one of the newsagents in Brighton has one and I was actually in London today for a meeting and walked past Tottenham Court Road Tube Station looking in Newsagents with no luck! :mad:

That road has hundreds of computer shops - can you be more precise? Give us a clue! ;)

I also emailed the contacts on their website, asking about how I could get a copy - no reply! :(

How do they expect to make a go of this, if they make it so difficult to buy a copy!! Do they want to fail? :confused:
  5. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Sorta like Bass Frontiers! I paid for a two year sub and only recieved three issues in two years, I have emailed and emailed and I finally gave up.
  6. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000

How do you think I feel about BF! I'm an Associate Editor and can't get a reply from Jim Hyatt. As far as I know Bass Frontiers is gone for good.
  7. it's closer to Goodge Street station.
    facing north on Tottenham court road, it'll be on your left, with a red awning, pretty much opposite WH Smith's.
    they've probably sold out though...
    you'll probably have to ask at the counter about extra copies.

then again, asking local newsagents if they can get hold of a copy can't do any harm either.....
  8. JimK

Dec 12, 1999

Man, I wondering what happened.

I always enjoyed your work(& Mike Dimin's, too).
  9. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000

Thanks I appreciate that very much. Nobody I've talked to really knows what happened with Jim Hyatt or Bass Frontiers. He just dropped of the face of the Earth.

I'll be continuing to do some interviews and gear reviews as time permits and will submit them around on a freelance basis. I won't submit my work to Bass Player however, their writing style is way to generic and bland for my taste on a whole. I loved Ed Friedland's interview with Bob Glaub last month though! You read it?

Shame really because I had a great Jack Bruce interview in the bag 2 months before Bass Player had theirs. I'll write it up and post it on The Dude Pit I guess along with my Steve Harris interview.

Ron Garant at Bassics has published my work before and has said that he's interested in a review of my new Spalt Matrix so I'll submit one once I get settled in with the bass for a while.
  10. re. Steve Harris, did you ask him how many right-hand fingers he plucks with?
    there's been so much controversy over this in the techniques forum (some people saying 2, some 3(what I think), some even 4) that the true answer almost deserves to be written into a technique FAQ