Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Bass question(not a beginner)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tucker, May 18, 2001.

1. tucker

tucker Guest

Jan 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Your probably thinking Im some beginner. well I'm not. I just got a new bass yesterday and I love it. Its A Spector NS 2000/Q5. I've never heard of Spector till a couple days ago and I played one and loved it. I thik it's great. But my question is How are these basses? If any body can give me a review if they owned one or had one, I would really appreciate that very much. I'v read around TAlkbass but it seems that everyone is older and have more money than me to buy higher end models but oh well my time will come. Well if you have advice, facts, hints or opinions on this bass let me know please.

2. I can't answer you questions but don't worry you will be payed a vist by the Ghost of Spectors past, the Ghost of Spectors present, and the Ghost of Spectors future. :D
    You know who you are.:)

There are plenty of Spector owners here but you don't have to be a predictor of the future to know that Mr. Dead, Nino, and Ram will help you out with any questions.

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    LMAO!!!!! I needed that.

Tucker, I had the same bass for a while as a back up to my USA NS-5. It's a REALLY nice bass. I only sold it because I got an NS-5 CR from Musician's Friend at a really great price. I thought the B was nice & tight, it sounded great (for a bass in that price range) & felt great.

Congrats, Good luck & welcome to the family!!!

4. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    <How are these basses?>

Since you have it, play it for a while and give us a report.
    Thanks, Doc

5. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Spectors...love 'em...'nuff said!

6. It's certainly a great place to start! To learn more about Spector basses visit their site. Click here www.spectorbass.com