1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NEW BASS Raven 5 string! Walnut and alder neck through

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gaetano Paul, May 11, 2010.

1. Gaetano Paul

Gaetano Paul

Nov 25, 2009
    Sarasota, FL
    Check this new bass out. It plays way nice and has a great tone. The active pre amp is junk and I am looking tp upgrade the eq, or go passive.

[​IMG]

2. Skip_NJ

Skip_NJ

Jun 1, 2009
    New Jersey
    Looks like a Cort or Schecter tbh.

3. Gaetano Paul

Gaetano Paul

Nov 25, 2009
    Sarasota, FL
    dont know? It is made in Korea, so mabey same plant? Are those made with walnut?

4. dmoore54

dmoore54

Mar 23, 2012
    Wauchula, FL
    So I just stumbled upon this post.. I am the current owner of this bass now. lol

5. Gaetano Paul

Gaetano Paul

Nov 25, 2009
    Sarasota, FL
    DUDE get out of here! Did you put new electronics in it or pickups? I really liked that one. GREAT bass man.

Want to sell it :eyebrow:

6. Gaetano Paul

Gaetano Paul

Nov 25, 2009
    Sarasota, FL
    I cleaned off what I think was Vic Wooten signature off the body, there was a big thread on it.

7. dmoore54

dmoore54

Mar 23, 2012
    Wauchula, FL
    Lol. Yes and no on the electronics.. Maybe two weeks after I got it I put in a new jack, and just yesterday I was messing around and broke a wire in the preamp.. So any suggestions on a new preamp setup? I'm sure I could splice the wire back.. But I'm ready for some updates!

I'll try to post a picture of it sometime tomorrow. Last week I put some DR Black Beauties on it.

Everything is for sale for the right price *Evil grin*

8. Gaetano Paul

Gaetano Paul

Nov 25, 2009
    Sarasota, FL
    Pm me a price, I originally ditched it cause of the crappy electronics.

9. Gaetano Paul

Gaetano Paul

Nov 25, 2009
    Sarasota, FL
    Name your price? I originally ditched it cause of the crappy pups/electronics, did u get it at Ft Meyers guitar center?

10. dmoore54

dmoore54

Mar 23, 2012
    Wauchula, FL
    I'm not sure if I want to give it up.. I'd agree to $800. Yea I got it from Ft Myers. Im getting ready to order all new Duncan electronics.

11. dmoore54

dmoore54

Mar 23, 2012
    Wauchula, FL
    What are you willing to pay? :)

12. Gaetano Paul

Gaetano Paul

Nov 25, 2009
    Sarasota, FL
    Holy Smokes! It was under or right around $300 at guitar center, I hope some dude did not rob you with the purchase of that bass...................

13. dmoore54

dmoore54

Mar 23, 2012
    Wauchula, FL
    Lol. No worries I didn't limp away. Like I said I don't really wanna sell it. :)

On a serious note:
    Should I go with new pups or a new preamp?

14. A preamp will give you the most bang for your buck.

15. Gaetano Paul

Gaetano Paul

Nov 25, 2009
    Sarasota, FL
    Preamp for sure!

16. welljon543

welljon543

Mar 25, 2012
    I have this bass as well! I bought mine off of eBay in 2002. It has been sitting in the closet for 10 years, and I just got it out, defretted it, oiled up the nack and got La Bella tapewounds for it. What a GREAT freteless this thing is. I cam currently gutting the electronics, and wondered if anyone has some insight as to what the type/dimension of the bridge pickup is. I can find nice 5 string J to go in the neck, but that humbucker is REALLY dull sounding. Most likely going to go with a Sadowsky or Aguilar preamp in it. Thanks!