Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Bass Setup, Help!

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by FenderBassMan10, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Hey All, I just bought a new ibanez Sr900 and I need some help setting it up. I've always been a bolt-on neck guy and this is my first neck-through so I don't know how to set it up or anything like that. The problem I'm having is I keep my action very low. This allows me to tap easier with using all 4 fingers on my red hand. The problem is when I keep my action low like this my strings buzz agianst, i believe it is my 2nd fret? Is there any way to stop the buzz without changing the tuning. I tune straight D. If I could tighten the string it would stop the buzz but I dont think theres a way to do that without changing the tuning. Or maybe this is a neck problem that can be fixed?
    Thanks for your help!
    -Patrick

2. BNM

BNM

Feb 4, 2006
    Queens, New York
    Did you read the truss rod and action sticky on the top of this board? That may be able to give you a few ideas.