Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New bass shop in Atlanta

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by kevinsk, May 19, 2004.

1. kevinsk

kevinsk

Mar 7, 2004
    Anyone in the Atlanta area might be interested in a new bass shop that just opened in midtown. Its Atlanta Bass Gallery on Piedmont road by Smith's Olde Bar. Haven't been in yet but it looks like they carry a variety of high end stuff including Sadwosky. The place used to be a high end guitar shop that carried mainly Warrior. Not sure if the new establishment has any relation to the old, which closed up around the first of the year. I've got no affiliation with them, just thought some folks in the Atlanta area might be interested if they had not heard of it.

2. i will have to check it out the next time i'm in atlanta. it sounds much more accessible than the GC out in the suburbs. now is where randy steps in to entice me to bass atlanta, too.

robb.

3. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Actually, the store that was in the location was a Warrior Gallery.

I work right down the street from the Atlanta Bass Gallery, so I need to make an appointment to go over there and check out what they've got on hand.

I've already looked through the window and I know they have a Basslabs WORP bass and some other cool looking stuff.

4. Thanks! I just found out about Bass Atlanta here on TB earlier this week, and now this....joining TB is not going to be good for my checking account, is it? :eek: :help:

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I was there yesterday before soundcheck. Nice shop and a nice guy who runs it. BTW, the trumpter for Fishbone was there with me, and not only is he an amazing trumpeter, but he's also SICK on the bass! I hate people like that!

6. Wolfehollow

Wolfehollow

Jan 21, 2003
    Pensacola, FL
    I went there a few weeks ago and the guy that owns it was extremely nice to my wife and I... great basses... I liked the aries they had.

7. Th9nker

Th9nker

Mar 18, 2002
    Cool! I'm going to check it out this weekend....

8. Didn't want to disappoint you, Robb. ;)

Actually, Jim is a super nice guy. We are friendly competitors, but the only line we have in common is Aguilar.
    In fact, I ordered my Sadowsky Metro from him......can't wait to get it.

He rented the old Warrior gallery after it closed down. He has lots of cool stuff, including Sadowsky, KSD, Accugrove, Aguilar, Roscoe, EBS, and others: http://www.atlantabassgallery.com

9. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Please don't tell me this...I guess I'll have to go ahead and cut up my credit cards right now..

:)

I'll be swinging by there on my lunch break to see whats cookin'

10. bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Make sure you call first. I stopped by after a bank run, and found the "By Appointment Only" sign.... :eyebrow:

11. atlbassgallery

atlbassgallery

Apr 25, 2004
    Hey guys...I'm Open Tues-Sat 11-6, but I'm here on Monday also. There is no appointment sign on the door, but there is an after hours appointment phone number on the door. Sorry if I wasn't here, must of stepped out for a minute. Here's some of the lines I carry.
    Sadowsky-Roscoe-Ken Smith-KSD-NS Design-Bassline-Leduc-VF Guitarworks-Aries-Aguilar-Accugroove-Bag End-EBS-Epifani-Stewart and more on the way. Come and see me.

12. bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Oh, cool! I'm glad to hear that (but, my girlfriend and my credit card aren't)!

My bad--I must have hit the one time you were out. Sorry for the disinformation dissemination. I was taking an extra long trip to the bank at work :D , so I was in a hurry, and I must have read it wrong since the door was locked. :bag:

13. Th9nker

Th9nker

Mar 18, 2002
    Well, I went by there yesterday and they were CLOSED!!!

I did smudge up the window with my nose though...

They had a nice small inventory of high-end products... The coolest thing was how everything was displayed, on the walls with "gallery lights"... really nice...

14. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    That sounds like a really cool place. I'm gonna have to come on in sometime. Same goes for Bass Atlanta. Finally, something besides Guitar Center. :hyper: