New Bass Smell (NBS)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassgrackle, Feb 14, 2017.

1. bassgrackle

bassgrackle Gold Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2010
    I know it may sound crazy but my new MTDs have a smell that's just intoxicating. I'm not sure if it's the sent of exotic woods (Pistachio and roasted walnut) or the finish coat Mike uses. Anyone else ever experience this?

2. gebass6

gebass6 We're not all trying to play the same music. Supporting Member

Yep!
    Although I haven't bought a "brand new" bass in quite a while.

3. The one that got me the most on that is my EDC-700 That Luthite has an odd scent. Over the past few years though, the aroma is only in the electronics cavity, sometimes I take the rear plate off just to get a whiff.

4. Ken J

Ken J Hartford Hot Several Brass Band

Aug 19, 2011
    Middlefield, CT
    Nothing like the smell of a Birdsong.

5. 12BitSlab

12BitSlab Gold Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2016
    Liberty Township
    Whenever I take my basses through the Bass Guitar Wash, I always ask them to spray it with "New Bass Smell".

PeterH likes this.
  6. SpazzTheBassist

SpazzTheBassist

Jun 20, 2006
    Here
    I hope the "B" in "Bass" wasn't a typo..........

NewLaw83 likes this.
  7. klejst

klejst

Oct 5, 2010
    Huffing that new bass smell is addicting and G.A.S is a b*tch waiting to show her ugly head around every corner so watch yourself.

8. phillybass101

phillybass101

Jan 12, 2011
    Artist, Trickfish Amplification Bartolini Emerging Artist, MTD Kingston Emerging Artist. Artist, Tsunami Cables
    My new MTD Kingston's have a pleasant smell as well. I thought it was just me. Ahahahahahahha!!!!

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021