Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Bass!! Sort of..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dirty Road Cola, Jan 23, 2003.

1. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    Well, after much soul searching, I decided to trade my Elrick. Don't get my wrong, it was a fantastic bass, it just wasn't what I needed..but I got what I wanted, if that makes sense to any of you guys. Also a word of advice: Know what you want before you buy a custom bass. By this I mean talk to the luthier first and tell him/her what sound you want and base your opinion of what you'll get of what they say..it may not be exactly what you want asthetically, but sound is more important than looks, right?

But, I sidetracked myself. So I traded the Elrick for....

*drumroll*

Geoff St. Germaine's Dingwall Z2 5 string!

It's a fantastic bass, and Geoff is a swell guy to deal with, especially with all the hell we went through with my bass getting to him via UPS (109 Dollars and it still took a week and a day! :eek: while he shipped his air mail and it took 2 :rolleyes: ).

I know the Talkbass TOS says I need pictures but...well, I haven't had time, i've been playing the damn thing too much!

So, i'm happy with the trade and the bass, and just wanted to share my elation with you guys.

-Neal

2. Hey Neal,
    Good to hear you are happy.

I am liking the Elrick quite a bit. It definitely has a different feel and sound to it. I like the sound I am getting, and the bass is really light. The only thing is the neck profile that isn't agreeing with me. It really feels like a baseball bat compared to my Dingwall.

I may try to trade the bass up for an F Bass, we'll see. It really is a good bass, sound and feel wise, it just isn't for me. The neck is too thick. We'll see, I will keep it for a while and see what happens. I played it at an audition yesterday andI have a gig on Friday I will take it to, so I will see what happens.

Neal really is great to do business with. Customs on the other hand :mad: :rolleyes: .

Cheers,
    Geoff