new bass suggestion

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by si_mon13, Sep 4, 2003.

1. si_mon13

si_mon13

Sep 1, 2003
    denmark
    Im currently looking for a new bass. at first i was looking for the stingray four string, turned out they're 2620usd here!! so now im looking at the the lakland skyline 44-01 (standard or deluxe? whats the big difference?) and the cirrus 4 string which is 1750usd with bolt on neck, which is a bit more reasonable than the stingray atleast. if anybody got any suggestions im open for that too. thanks for any help.

-simon

2. si_mon13

si_mon13

Sep 1, 2003
    denmark
    oh yeah, i want something as versatile as possible, fat slap tone and good for heavy/rock aswell.

3. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    what about Warwick?
    I've never owned one.. but they are nice basses

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yea i also suggest a warwick. I like the corvette and the thumb.

5. I can't see why not saying Warwick...give it a shot and tell us what you see 'em for...

6. Is the cirrus 4 bolt on $1750 used in US dollars?

7. si_mon13

si_mon13

Sep 1, 2003
    denmark
    hm, warwicks, perhaps i should try them out, i just thought they were too pricy here. approx 2000usd.

new.

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

The 44-01 Deluxe has a quilted maple top. The Standard does not.

9. si_mon13

si_mon13

Sep 1, 2003
    denmark
    alright, thanks.

10. One word.

ZON

they kick so much a@#!!! Look for one used its well worth it. there is a used 4 string at bass nw and they have some special on out of country shipping.
    They cover the tones you mentioned and are waaaaay lighter than warwicks.

11. si_mon13

si_mon13

Sep 1, 2003
    denmark
    ZON's are a bit too pricy as new, and i just found a six string fretless on ebay, which was a bit too pricy aswell..

12. yeah but not on bass nw and the low end !!!
    1300 for a sonus 5 I personally played and liked and 999 for a 4 string on bass nw.

trust me they are worth it!!!

13. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder

Yeah...but you forget.....si_mon13 is in DENMARK.
    Shipping from the U.S. to Denmark will be anywhere from $200.00-$300.00 if not more. Not to mention CUSTOMS fee's.

14. no i didn't forget,

bass nw just ended their shipping special for out of the country. It was a really good deal too. I just found out today. Surely pauls bass matters will have something he needs ,but is that in denmark?

----S

15. si_mon13

si_mon13

Sep 1, 2003
    denmark
    I just talked to the drumcityguitarland.com support, i was told that shipping for a new stingray would differ between 180 and 250 usd, with fed ex. anyway it's not sent as a gift there will be taxes added to the price, which are approx 25% the sales price. that's going to be a bit hard if i want to keep it below 1500usd with everything, and the bass itself is around 1100usd.

But that ZON, bass four-string, sethlow3, where did you see that, any url?

16. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    arent the pups on the deluxe MM/J instead of the standards soapbars?

17. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

No, the 44-02 has the MM/J setup. And it is also available in Standard or Deluxe.

18. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.

19. si_mon13

si_mon13

Sep 1, 2003
    denmark
    i havnt looked at vigier. ive only looked at one danish brand, http://www.morch-guitars.dk/ which is handcrafted but expensive, rest has been either american or japanese.

ill check it.