Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new bass suggestion

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by si_mon13, Sep 4, 2003.

1. si_mon13

si_mon13

Sep 1, 2003
    denmark
    Im currently looking for a new bass. at first i was looking for the stingray four string, turned out they're 2620usd here!! so now im looking at the the lakland skyline 44-01 (standard or deluxe? whats the big difference?) and the cirrus 4 string which is 1750usd with bolt on neck, which is a bit more reasonable than the stingray atleast. if anybody got any suggestions im open for that too. thanks for any help.

-simon

2. si_mon13

si_mon13

Sep 1, 2003
    denmark
    oh yeah, i want something as versatile as possible, fat slap tone and good for heavy/rock aswell.

3. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    what about Warwick?
    I've never owned one.. but they are nice basses

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yea i also suggest a warwick. I like the corvette and the thumb.

5. I can't see why not saying Warwick...give it a shot and tell us what you see 'em for...

6. Is the cirrus 4 bolt on $1750 used in US dollars?

7. si_mon13

si_mon13

Sep 1, 2003
    denmark
    hm, warwicks, perhaps i should try them out, i just thought they were too pricy here. approx 2000usd.

new.

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The 44-01 Deluxe has a quilted maple top. The Standard does not.

9. si_mon13

si_mon13

Sep 1, 2003
    denmark
    alright, thanks.

10. sethlow3

sethlow3 Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Nashville, Tennessee
    One word.

ZON

they kick so much a@#!!! Look for one used its well worth it. there is a used 4 string at bass nw and they have some special on out of country shipping.
    They cover the tones you mentioned and are waaaaay lighter than warwicks.

11. si_mon13

si_mon13

Sep 1, 2003
    denmark
    ZON's are a bit too pricy as new, and i just found a six string fretless on ebay, which was a bit too pricy aswell..

12. sethlow3

Jun 19, 2003
    Nashville, Tennessee
    yeah but not on bass nw and the low end !!!
    1300 for a sonus 5 I personally played and liked and 999 for a 4 string on bass nw.

trust me they are worth it!!!

13. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder

Yeah...but you forget.....si_mon13 is in DENMARK.
    Shipping from the U.S. to Denmark will be anywhere from $200.00-$300.00 if not more. Not to mention CUSTOMS fee's.

14. sethlow3

Jun 19, 2003
    Nashville, Tennessee
    no i didn't forget,

bass nw just ended their shipping special for out of the country. It was a really good deal too. I just found out today. Surely pauls bass matters will have something he needs ,but is that in denmark?

----S

15. si_mon13

si_mon13

Sep 1, 2003
    denmark
    I just talked to the drumcityguitarland.com support, i was told that shipping for a new stingray would differ between 180 and 250 usd, with fed ex. anyway it's not sent as a gift there will be taxes added to the price, which are approx 25% the sales price. that's going to be a bit hard if i want to keep it below 1500usd with everything, and the bass itself is around 1100usd.

But that ZON, bass four-string, sethlow3, where did you see that, any url?

16. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    arent the pups on the deluxe MM/J instead of the standards soapbars?

17. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

No, the 44-02 has the MM/J setup. And it is also available in Standard or Deluxe.

18. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.

19. si_mon13

si_mon13

Sep 1, 2003
    denmark
    i havnt looked at vigier. ive only looked at one danish brand, http://www.morch-guitars.dk/ which is handcrafted but expensive, rest has been either american or japanese.

ill check it.