new bass tab search engine

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by basscrawler, Mar 24, 2005.

1. basscrawler

Mar 23, 2005 the bass tab search engine is a spidering search engine that indexes only bass tab sites, allowing you to search for a song thru a variety of sites and only get bass tabs back, no guitar, no lyrics just bass tabs. The site went out of beta this week and has over 250,000 tabs indexed, and growing every day.
  2. HunsBassist

Oct 3, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    That is awesome. Thanks so much.
  3. AlembicBob

Dec 28, 2004
    MA, US
    I would be careful there. The TalkBass tab site links to 911tabs for more sheets if what you are looking for isn't hosted here. I have detected virus/spyware when following the links to some of those tabs.

This is probably no different than any other surfing you might do, but I would stick to sites that are known and trustworthy. I thought the link from TalkBass gave the info available through 911Tabs some trust, but it didn't turn out that way.

I am not saying that I believe that the basscrawler site would be dangerous, but that the automatic spidering process could provide you with links to dangerous content.
  4. I'd just go with or Those are my main sources of tab goodness.