New Bass (the obligatory thread)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bass_Machine, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Bass_Machine

Oct 29, 2004
    Mmmm, so I got a new bass today and I'm so stoked. It's a Vintage V940 FL (the fretless model). It's my first fretless, and I'm absolutely loving' the experience. I'm not having half as many intonation issues as I thought I would not having any lines, but I still need to improve a bit.
    The bass itself is aesthetically very pleasing, with a georgeous bubinga body and a rosewood neck. It plays like a wet dream, with plenty of "mwah" and the electronics seem to be of resonably high standard. You wanna know the best bit though? NO PICS!!!! :smug:

(I'll upload some pics soon, don't worry!)
  2. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Doesn't exist until we see pics
  3. Bass_Machine

Oct 29, 2004
    Here it is:

With it's fretted brother:

Aplogies for my truly ugly face (it's not a nice pic of me!):

Yeah, I know; leopard skin straps are pimpin' :bag:
  4. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
  5. DGbass70

Jun 1, 2005
    Rochester N.Y.
    HEY CONGRATS...........NICE LOOKING BASS ENJOY AND BUENA SUERTE(GOOD LUCK) :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:
  6. kipsus

kipsus Physicist

Sep 18, 2005
    Vilnius, Lithuania
    I got this bass too :bassist: Used, for 200$ or so. A bit worried about roundwound+uncoated rosewood combination though..
  7. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006

Life is too short not to use roundwounds on a fretless! IMO they give the best fretless sound. If you are really concerned about fretwear, use a coated string or a nickle string if you don't like coated.