Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Bass (the obligatory thread)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bass_Machine, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Bass_Machine

Bass_Machine

Oct 29, 2004
    UK
    Mmmm, so I got a new bass today and I'm so stoked. It's a Vintage V940 FL (the fretless model). It's my first fretless, and I'm absolutely loving' the experience. I'm not having half as many intonation issues as I thought I would not having any lines, but I still need to improve a bit.
    The bass itself is aesthetically very pleasing, with a georgeous bubinga body and a rosewood neck. It plays like a wet dream, with plenty of "mwah" and the electronics seem to be of resonably high standard. You wanna know the best bit though? NO PICS!!!! :smug:

(I'll upload some pics soon, don't worry!)

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Doesn't exist until we see pics

3. Bass_Machine

Bass_Machine

Oct 29, 2004
    UK
    Here it is:

[​IMG]

With it's fretted brother:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aplogies for my truly ugly face (it's not a nice pic of me!):

[​IMG]

Yeah, I know; leopard skin straps are pimpin' :bag:

4. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
  5. DGbass70

DGbass70

Jun 1, 2005
    Rochester N.Y.
    HEY CONGRATS...........NICE LOOKING BASS ENJOY AND BUENA SUERTE(GOOD LUCK) :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

6. kipsus

kipsus Physicist

Sep 18, 2005
    Vilnius, Lithuania
    I got this bass too :bassist: Used, for 200$ or so. A bit worried about roundwound+uncoated rosewood combination though..

7. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY

Life is too short not to use roundwounds on a fretless! IMO they give the best fretless sound. If you are really concerned about fretwear, use a coated string or a nickle string if you don't like coated.