Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Bass (thought I would share)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DRN, Mar 2, 2003.

1. DRN

DRN

Mar 17, 2002
    Las Vegas
    I just got a new bass today. It is a neck through Warwick thumb:D I love this thing it has awsome tone and tight lows. if you want any details just post your question.

I thought I would take a pic and share my small collection.

From left to right:
    Tobias growler, BC Rich 1978 eagle, Warwick neck through thumb, Warwick neck through streamer 2

Thanks,
    Dave

2. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    Ooh, you've got quite a collection growing there. If they start multiplying to quickly and you need help storing them....

3. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    condratulations on the new bass. the only time i ever used a warwick thumb was in guitarcenter, and it was sort of muddy, and i couldent get much definition. It also sounded really woody.

I was playing through a swr 350x and a bigbertha(i think). i t wasnt very loud, and i didnt play very hard, that couldve been the reason i guess

4. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    sweet collection! warwicks rule!

5. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    That's a nice posse of basses.

6. DRN

DRN

Mar 17, 2002
    Las Vegas
    Thanks all I think the collection will grow next with a Modulus or Zon. I have heard alot of good things about these.

bentem
    "condratulations on the new bass. the only time i ever used a warwick thumb was in guitarcenter, and it was sort of muddy, and i couldent get much definition. It also sounded really woody"

The bolt on thumb can be a slightly muddy and not as punchy but the neck thru thumb is constructed with different wood and is 10 tines thicker and tighter on the low b and the mids are awsome.
    By the way I owned a thumb bolt-on.

Thanks,
    Dave

7. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Congrats on the new Thumb! Nice collection there, too.

8. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Very nifty collection!

Ps that doors the smallest door I've ever seen :meh:

9. Agreed!!!
    Either that, or they're all basses with about a 60" scale length.:confused:

:D

10. DRN

DRN

Mar 17, 2002
    Las Vegas
    Originally posted by yoshi
    ...Ps that doors the smallest door I've ever seen

I am a dwarf with very long arms. Just kidding:D

This is actually in my attic. It was converted to a room many years ago. The roof line comes down at an angle creating a small wall. The door is for access to storage space behind the wall.

:D

11. I thought Growlers had 1 pup :confused:

BTW - Any neckdive with the Thumb:confused:

12. DRN

DRN

Mar 17, 2002
    Las Vegas
    bimplizkit
    I honestly do not know. A friend of mine that works for a music store pulled it out of the case and went oh a growler. I have taken his word on it and have not ever thought to check. I got it in a trade.
    One day I will have to have the serial number checked out! I almost never use this base so it is very rare that it is out and about.

As for the famous Warwick neck dive. I owned an earlier thumb bolt on that drove me nuts with neck dive. I heard thru the grapevine that Warwick extended the body slightly in mid 2002 to try to correct this.
    When I was at gc I got to play one (without a strap) and it sounded so awsome I had to order one. I confirmed with Dana B Goods that this was true. When I received it I was somewhat dissapointed. It is worlds better then the previous versions but the neck fell just shy of horizontal. When I played it though I could not tell the difference like the other bolt on thumb I had.

13. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    I saw somewhere on Bunnybass that if you attatch both ends of the strap to the horn of a neck divey bass it corects it....I havent tried it on a thumb, but I would think it should work.

14. Nice basses! I unforunately have never really gotten to sit down with a Warwick, but I like they way and the way they sound. Maybe someday!

jtbp