1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

new bass time...need help.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by WillySanchez, Sep 11, 2005.

1. i need a new bass! ive been shopping around and i cant seem to make up my mind because i dont have access to any of the basses im interested in so i cant try them out (basses dont really seem to be of interest to the local music stores).

i play indie rock (sounds like foo-fighters+saves the day+ben folds, if that helps at all). I use a pick most of the time. I admire the sound of tim c from RATM and the bass sounds on all of the glassjaw cds. i like alot of growl. I've been playing mexican jazz basses my whole life, i cant get enough of them, i try other basses and im never quite happy with the feel or sound. I have some money and im looking to buy another solid bass that can sound good on recording, at shows, and put up with a lil abuse.

i have an affinity for fenders. ive been looking at the new active p-bass deluxe, and the j-bass deluxe (both mexican). i have also been considering buying a standard jazz (fender or SX) and tossing in some dimarzio ultrajazz pu's and a gotoh bridge. and ive actually been thinking about the yamaha BB614. im looking to spend 300-600 bucks. can anyone make any useful suggestions? maybe some links to mp3's of these basses in action.