Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new bass time...need help.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by WillySanchez, Sep 11, 2005.

1. i need a new bass! ive been shopping around and i cant seem to make up my mind because i dont have access to any of the basses im interested in so i cant try them out (basses dont really seem to be of interest to the local music stores).

i play indie rock (sounds like foo-fighters+saves the day+ben folds, if that helps at all). I use a pick most of the time. I admire the sound of tim c from RATM and the bass sounds on all of the glassjaw cds. i like alot of growl. I've been playing mexican jazz basses my whole life, i cant get enough of them, i try other basses and im never quite happy with the feel or sound. I have some money and im looking to buy another solid bass that can sound good on recording, at shows, and put up with a lil abuse.

i have an affinity for fenders. ive been looking at the new active p-bass deluxe, and the j-bass deluxe (both mexican). i have also been considering buying a standard jazz (fender or SX) and tossing in some dimarzio ultrajazz pu's and a gotoh bridge. and ive actually been thinking about the yamaha BB614. im looking to spend 300-600 bucks. can anyone make any useful suggestions? maybe some links to mp3's of these basses in action.