1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Bass!!! VJ4 with J-Retro!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LonghornBass, Jan 25, 2003.

1. I picked up a Modulus VJ4 during the Christmas break and finally got some pictures to share.

This bass is amazing. I really dig the tortoise shell/sunburst color scheme. With the J-retro preamp I installed I can get that "Marcus" tone that I was missing on my Stingray.

A comment on the J-retro; I would recommend this to anyone looking to "activate" their jazz bass. The bass boost is _tremendous_ and the sweepable mids allows an insane variety of sounds.

2. Another one...

3. Here's a little groove I recorded.

The quality has much to be desired, as I recorded straight bass into the soundcard. Aside from that, I think that the sonic qualities of the preamp can be heard.

4. arose11

arose11

Sep 30, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    just wondering:about how long have you been playing?

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Nice bass. I'm a suckker fore a Jazz. I'lk DLing the song now. Thank goodness it's only 13 seconds long. :)

Very nice audio clip. Not as bad sounding as you implied!!!!

6. Arose - I've been playing for probably 5 years.

7. arose11

arose11

Sep 30, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    thanks im just trying to compare how i sound to other people who play, i live in a small town so there is no comparison

8. Sweet groove. I like it. I've had my eye on a VJ4 at a local shop for awhile. I think it's passive. I should be able to get a deal on it. It's been hanging there for a couple years. Hmmm...

9. fclefgeoff

fclefgeoff Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    Sweet Bass! I also have a VJ4 and I believe it is probably the best Jazz Bass out there for the $. I plan on playing mine for many years to come. Congrats!