Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Bass?.. (warmoth)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tecx, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Alright here we go...

Maple jazz body
    Maple neck / fingerboard
    All black hardware (including control plate)
    no pick guard
    tone and volume for both pups
    series / paralel switch
    DiMarzio DP123 pups
    Tung Oil finish...

Thoughts?..

Alex

ps. It will cost around 450...

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Sound like tou're gonna end up with a cool bass once you're finished. Personally, I'm not a fan of maple bodies any longer because it is a very dense wood that is very heavy.

3. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Ya I am pretty stoked about it, I want a maple body because I like a heavy bass - plus maple is nice and punchy... Also I hate j bass necks, so the p neck will rock... Also the 2 tone color sceme of the bass will be cool, oiled maple and black chrome... Mmmmmmmm yummy, I can't wait... But I need to sell some stuff to get it...
    oh well..

4. Is the maple figured or plain? If its plain might it be a little boring looking? (not saying it will be bad, but maybe a nice stain would make it killer looking)

5. You want to talk heavy, try a maple body, maple neck ebony fretboard(extended to 24th) fretless Warmoth J with a badass bridge.

Luckily it sounds SUPER THICK;) :bassist:

6. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Plain, but I dunno... I want it to be a little plain... Kinda industrial looking... Let its pure tone be the star and not the looks - ya know?.. But again - I like the look of maple / maple /maple...

Alex

7. How about instead of a neck, you have a Q tron on there... ;)