Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Bass! Wooooo! (pics)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lesfleanut, Feb 24, 2006.

1. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    I know it's not the most impressive bass around, but I'm a young man in full support of himself and this is the first nice thing I've treated myself to in a while. I LOVE IT! It's just so much nicer than my old Spector NS2000 Q5.Anyways, heres the lowdown on how I came to aquire this peice:

I went to guitar center on a whim today after work, and played around with a bunch of different basses, nothing out of the ordinary... I usually do this quite often when I've got nothing going on that day. Kudos to them, by the way, for having so many basses (syracuse location).

I was playing the bass I now own, and as I was putting it back in the stand the sales associate approached me and asked if I was taking it home - which, by the way, I had absolutely no intention of doing. I gave him an "I dunno" and he asked how my credit was. So after a minute I told him I'd apply for a GC credit card, got approved for the amount of the bass, and bought it. I'm extremely happy with my purchase, and I can honestly say I played basses that cost three times the price of this, some of the best brands on the market, and, for me - this one killed them all. Here's some specs:

* Schecter Stiletto Studio-5
    * CONSTRUCTION/SCALE: Neck-Thru / 35"
    * BODY: Mahogany with Bubinga top
    * NECK/FINGERBOARD: Maple & Walnut / Rosewood
    * PICKUPS: EMG HZ
    * ELECTRONICS: Master Vol/Blend/3-Band EQ
    * BRIDGE: Diamond Custom
    * TUNERS: Grover (these things as as smooth as honey!)
    * HARDWARE: Satin Gold
    * Price: $700!!! (USD)

CLICK ANY PHOTO TO ENLARGE

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enjoy!

2. GSRLessard14

GSRLessard14 All-Things-Claypool Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2005
    Newington, CT
  3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Nice bass! congrats!

4. Satin gold hardware kills all. Congratulations!

5. Vorak

Vorak

Dec 6, 2005
    Madison, WI
    How much per month do you have to pay on the GC credit card? I'm considering applying for that so I can pick up an Ampeg 410HLF. Nice bass though man, congrats. I've always been a sucker for the wood finish.

What kind of bass did you play before this one?

6. gfried84

gfried84 Commercial User

May 7, 2005
    Owner Fried Guitars Inc.
    Nice lookin bass man. Love the bubinga. Check the intonation on the g string, it looks like it maybe out. Have fun with it.

7. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.

The guy wasn't too sure about billing, but I wasn't interested enough to ask a manager - as they are running a promotion with 1 year interest and payment free. The catch, however, is that after the 1 year grace period, you you get hit with a 24.9% APR. Needless to say I will be paying this off long before the year is up, without any hassle of GC sending me bills.

I used to play a spector ns2000 q5, looking to sell. Not bad condition, few dings. Pots need to be changed (or maybe just cleaned, I don't really know). Can anyone help me out and suggest a fair price to sell it?

edit: @ gfried - What would bring you to that conclusion? I'm just curious, I tune by harmonics and it tunes OK for me... I really have no clue how to check the intonation though.

8. Vorak

Vorak

Dec 6, 2005
    Madison, WI
    Oh ok, I feel kind of dumb now, I just want straight to the pictures and didn't read your entire post lol.

Anyway, that is a nice looking bass. I have the 4 string version in red. Check out a picture here. The orange blob is just my cieling light reflecting off the bass.

9. LMAO!!!! What cute little baby.

10. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.

I was waiting for someone to notice that. :D

vorak - I beleive you have the delux version, and I have the studio version. I think the only differences are woods used, mines neckthru, the bridge, and the EQ on mine has another band.

11. Vorak

Vorak

Dec 6, 2005
    Madison, WI
    I have the Diamond Series Elite-4 and it is a neckthru as well but yeah, the bridge is different and you have a little more EQ. I like my fingerboard though. I think it looks sweet with only one inlay. Although that makes it kind of trick to teach other people songs when they can't see the inlays lol.

12. Megallica

Megallica

Feb 23, 2006
    congrats dude that is sweet!:bassist:

Devon

13. Shawnost

Shawnost It's all about the Hamiltons baby! Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Huntersville, NC
    Sweet bass man!

Shawn

14. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Nice one, my Syracusean Brethren!

I've been in that shop a few times to have a look about, but they haven't had much for me. They got a Bongo 4 in a while back, and everytime I'm in I ask for a Bongo 5 and they tell me to just play the 4. :(

I agree with Mr. Fried...check that intonation...the saddle looks like it's maybe pulled back a bit.

15. EBMatt

EBMatt

Nov 21, 2003
    Springfield, MA
    Nice bass man. Those are awesome for the money. :bassist:

16. gfried84

gfried84 Commercial User

May 7, 2005
    Owner Fried Guitars Inc.
    generally basses should have the lowest strings the furthest back. The G string looks like it has too much compensation ie. it is moved back too far.

17. gfried84

gfried84 Commercial User

May 7, 2005
    Owner Fried Guitars Inc.
    generally basses should have the lowest strings the furthest back. The G string looks like it has too much compensation ie. it is moved back too far. To intonate check the open string note and ten the 12 fret note. They should be the same. If the note is flat move the saddle forward and if it is sharp move it back.

18. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    If its intonated correctly, its fine, doesnt matter where it is. Might wanna check the intonation on it though.

19. I envy you. I have a Schecter Stiletto too, but it's not that sweet, mine's just a "Deluxe".