new bass.........woot

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Crazy_Fingers27, Jan 17, 2006.

1. hi all. it sure has been a long time since ive posted around here, anyway...

last saturday i went to the local long and mcquade. i traded in my geddy lee jazz and my schecter omen 5, plus put a bunch of money in, and walked out of there with a new warwick thumb 6 BO wideneck. let me begin by sayin that it is amazing. and i got a great deal on it. i only paid $1700 CAD for it ($1475 US). the reason i got it so cheap was because somebody bought it and returned it after 3 months because of a defect (im not sure what it was, but i think it was something wrong with the nut). anyway, long story short, the bass was sent back to the factory, fixed, then i got a killer price on it (i know the bass tech who works there).

anyway, a few quick questions. how often do i need to wax it, and what kind of wax do i need to use?

lastly, sorry i do not have pics yet, but i dont own a digital camera. i should have pictures up in a couple of days. so this pic will have to do for now

2. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

nice, nice, nice, nice, nice, nice.

*one "nice" per string if you don't get my useless 5 extra "nice"s.
  3. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    I have a warwick streamer lx 6 wideneck. Almost got a thumb, but opted for the streamer instead. Congrats. Great freakin price on it.
  4. mobax

mobax Supporting Member

Dec 31, 2002
    New Baltimore, MI
    Look here

That's a beauty. I am really liking my Thumb 5.