1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

new bass.........woot

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Crazy_Fingers27, Jan 17, 2006.

1. hi all. it sure has been a long time since ive posted around here, anyway...

last saturday i went to the local long and mcquade. i traded in my geddy lee jazz and my schecter omen 5, plus put a bunch of money in, and walked out of there with a new warwick thumb 6 BO wideneck. let me begin by sayin that it is amazing. and i got a great deal on it. i only paid $1700 CAD for it ($1475 US). the reason i got it so cheap was because somebody bought it and returned it after 3 months because of a defect (im not sure what it was, but i think it was something wrong with the nut). anyway, long story short, the bass was sent back to the factory, fixed, then i got a killer price on it (i know the bass tech who works there).

anyway, a few quick questions. how often do i need to wax it, and what kind of wax do i need to use?

lastly, sorry i do not have pics yet, but i dont own a digital camera. i should have pictures up in a couple of days. so this pic will have to do for now

cheers

[​IMG]

2. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

nice, nice, nice, nice, nice, nice.

*one "nice" per string if you don't get my useless 5 extra "nice"s.

3. Kael

Kael

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    I have a warwick streamer lx 6 wideneck. Almost got a thumb, but opted for the streamer instead. Congrats. Great freakin price on it.

4. mobax

mobax

Dec 31, 2002
    New Baltimore, MI
    Look here http://www.warwickbass.com/misc/wax.html

That's a beauty. I am really liking my Thumb 5.