New Bass??!!??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Negative_Zero, Jan 12, 2001.

1. Negative_Zero

Jan 8, 2001
    Here is a good question for all of you out there! I presently have a crappy bass, unless i win that ibanez, i am concidering buying a new one! does anybody have any suggestions? keep in mind that i am a teenager and don't have a huge income of money! :)
    Thanks alot!
  2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Based on good reports from many young bassists without $500 to spend on a new bass, I've heard good experiences with Fenders that are made in Mexico or the Squier series. Plus, even though they aren't the Fenders that made the name, you will have something you can probably sell or trade in easily when you upgrade again, which you most likely will at some point.

If you can go a bit over $500 and you want something new, you won't find much more for your money than a Carvin B4.

If you change your mind and consider used, you can get a lot more bass per dollar. Of course, the cosmetics mat not be there, you won't have a choice of colors and pickups like you would with the Carvin, and you may be buying someone elses' headache, (i.e., a lemon).

[Edited by rickbass1 on 01-12-2001 at 02:02 PM]
  3. Look on my thread "Good bass for $600?". I had a lot of replies. It seemed there were a lot in favor on MIM Fenders and Corts.
  4. Negative_Zero

Jan 8, 2001
    Thanks man! your thread gave me alot of ideas!!! :)