Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pbd, Oct 24, 2003.

1. pbd

pbd Commercial User

Jul 17, 2003
    Metro Detroit
    owner Procables N Sound
    This is the first thread I have started and it's to announce my new purchase. A Schecter Stilletto custom 4. It's an upgrade from my Ibanez SDGR series. I'm about to make the small changes neccessary for it to be comfortable for me, IE: small adjustment to the truss rod (buzzing on the 1st fret), new strings and I also got a boss compression sustain pedal. This is all new to me but I'm enjoying exploring. The bass had a solution on the strings at the store which made my fingers slide easier (can't remember what it's called) Do any of you suggest using this? It Was neat to play with. Reading the posts here at TB and seeing the mutual support encouraged me to practice more and thus feel the need for a new bass. Thanks all!:D on my way to being a :bassist:

2. seracis

seracis

Sep 25, 2003
    Tulsa, OK
    I'll be trying out a Stiletto Custom tomorrow as a matter of fact. What finish is yours? The one I'll be trying is the natural mahogany, from what I was told on the phone. It's an hour and a half away.

3. callofthebow

callofthebow

Oct 19, 2003
    Orlando, FL
    If it feels good, do it :D . As long as it doesn't mess up your tone :rolleyes:

4. Uh... PolyWeb coating? As on Elixir strings? While many people seem to dislike those strings, I like'em. Plus, they stay fresh way longer than many other brands. :)

Bah, it would be hard to beat a SoundGear on bad tone... :D

5. pbd

pbd Commercial User

Jul 17, 2003
    Metro Detroit
    owner Procables N Sound
    Here's some pic's
    My Ibanez had the electronics gutted and replaced with Dimarzio's as soon as it hit the door. I like the EMG's on the Stilletto, my tiny 1X12 doesn't sound starved for sound now.

6. This is a beautiful bass! I love the wood!

Congrats!

[​IMG]
    Treena

7. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    Hey, nice snatch! I've been gassing for that bass for quite some time. Incidentally I've never seen a real photo of it except for the images at Schecter's website and I must say it looks even better in that photo. Gorgeous bass!

8. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Sweet bass pbd! Did you get that at Low Down Sound? I think I played one exactly like that a few months ago. Last time I was there it was noticeably absent.

If it had been a five string you might not have had the chance to see it, 'cause at the price they had it, I would've walked out with it. ;)

Congrats!

Peace,

James

9. i've got a near exact bass as that and i love it. it feels great and sounds great also.:) :bassist:

10. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    I have a Custom 4 Stiletto in the natural satin finish as well. looks good, feels good, plays great, sounds great except the active preamp, i discovered, is what's making my amp buzz!

i'm going back to the store with it to A/B against the new music man stuff though, the Schecter may not be the "right" bass for what I'm trying to do, and it's just tiding me over til i can afford my Queen Bee anyways =0)

11. pbd

pbd Commercial User

Jul 17, 2003
    Metro Detroit
    owner Procables N Sound
    Thanks all!:D I got the bass at Guitar center, on Gratiot & 12 1/2 mile....They had a 5 string too;)