New Bass!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by count_funkula, Dec 6, 2003.

1. I just scored this off eBay for $689! It's brand new complete with case and full warrenty!!
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    might wanna put this in your other thread.
  3. That hurts!! I just got a new bass and nobody wants to congradulate me.........I demand someone show me some love!!
  4. HAHA!
    Nice bass!
    I bet it sounds great!...neat colour too...
  5. looks nice:)

Mar 12, 2003
    USA, PNW
    Good score! What is that switch dohicky for?
  8. pc

Apr 4, 2000
    Montreal QC
    hmmmm... matching headstock [​IMG]

9. bass boost?

i see it's got that..make i ask what the heck is the point of bass boost? [the thing with the batteries in the back :p]
  10. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    It IS a very nice bass!
  11. Thanks! One switch turns the preamp on/off. the other allows you to change the humbucker from serial to parallel and I believe it has a treble boost also.
  12. notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    i am so GASsing for a G&L. i was at a show last night and goodwens bass player was playing an sb-2 and it made me want a G&L really bad. i dont care what...i really love the sound of the MFD pickups. leo is a genius. thats a nice bass you got. ive only heard/ seen 2 G&Ls being played and they have both rocked my sox. it was so crowded last night that i couldnt see the bassist at first. i heard the bass play and i was like..."thats a G&L, im getting closer to get a look at that." you got a good deal on a great bass. ill trade ya!

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

You have got yourself a high quality axe congrads, matching headstocks are very cool too.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I think G&L have some of the nicest finishes
  15. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Tis a very sweet bass - congrats. I'm also in the throes of wanting a new bass, and haven't had the time to take care of the jones.
  16. mmm
    same here... I'm surprised :confused:I hadn't read more about them until recently cuz they seem just what I'm looking for for my 2nd bass- used 600$, hot pickups, nice wood, good electronics, great tone...

Great bass!

17. I must agree with Major here. That is one nice looking bass, Count! :hyper:

I'm a big fan of one pup basses; keep it simple, and you concentrate on your playing - know what I mean? ;) For $689 you got a killer deal.

Question: I never knew you could buy brand new stuff on E-bay, how do you know where to look?

Good luck with her. Don't bite her on the neck, Count. :p :D

18. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Nice bass! I love that color. Too bad it doesn't have more strings.:p