Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Bass!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by count_funkula, Dec 6, 2003.

1. I just scored this off eBay for $689! It's brand new complete with case and full warrenty!!

2. And another.

3. And another.

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    might wanna put this in your other thread.

5. That hurts!! I just got a new bass and nobody wants to congradulate me.........I demand someone show me some love!!

6. HAHA!
    Nice bass!
    I bet it sounds great!...neat colour too...

7. congrats...it looks nice:)

8. NICE BASS!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Treena

9. WOOFMAN

WOOFMAN

Mar 12, 2003
    USA, PNW
    Good score! What is that switch dohicky for?

10. pc

pc

Apr 4, 2000
    Montreal QC
    hmmmm... matching headstock [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. bass boost?

i see it's got that..make i ask what the heck is the point of bass boost? [the thing with the batteries in the back :p]

12. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    It IS a very nice bass!

13. Thanks! One switch turns the preamp on/off. the other allows you to change the humbucker from serial to parallel and I believe it has a treble boost also.

14. notabob

notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    i am so GASsing for a G&L. i was at a show last night and goodwens bass player was playing an sb-2 and it made me want a G&L really bad. i dont care what...i really love the sound of the MFD pickups. leo is a genius. thats a nice bass you got. ive only heard/ seen 2 G&Ls being played and they have both rocked my sox. it was so crowded last night that i couldnt see the bassist at first. i heard the bass play and i was like..."thats a G&L, im getting closer to get a look at that." you got a good deal on a great bass. ill trade ya!

15. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

You have got yourself a high quality axe congrads, matching headstocks are very cool too.

16. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

PS

I think G&L have some of the nicest finishes

17. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Tis a very sweet bass - congrats. I'm also in the throes of wanting a new bass, and haven't had the time to take care of the jones.

18. mmm
    same here... I'm surprised :confused:I hadn't read more about them until recently cuz they seem just what I'm looking for for my 2nd bass- used 600$, hot pickups, nice wood, good electronics, great tone...

Great bass!

Glenn

19. I must agree with Major here. That is one nice looking bass, Count! :hyper:

I'm a big fan of one pup basses; keep it simple, and you concentrate on your playing - know what I mean? ;) For $689 you got a killer deal.

Question: I never knew you could buy brand new stuff on E-bay, how do you know where to look?

Good luck with her. Don't bite her on the neck, Count. :p :D

Mike

20. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Nice bass! I love that color. Too bad it doesn't have more strings.:p

Enjoy!