Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lilbassgirl, Dec 9, 2003.

1. good and bad news....new bass= good, why getting new bass=bad

hey, i'm getting a new bass because mine kind of got broken.:meh: (dont dare ask me how) so i'm going to be getting a new one. any seggustions on what kind? i'm a new player, so i dont need anything to great, just something to keep me going...thanks a lot guys! bye:p

2. A really good and cheap bass is the OLP Stingray. I just bought one last month and i love it. You can get one for around $200. I love the sound and the way it plays. Squier basses are really good too. The best idea though is to go to the local guitar store and try everything in your price range. You might find something better used. I like the OLP but it might not be right for you, you just have to try everything you can. Good luck in finding one.

3. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    rogue. Seriously, girl to girl, get a rogue....

Oh and when you get it, cover it with blink stickers. It helps the tone. Also, it helps if you post this thread in the basses forum.

4. Harsh.:oops:

:p

5. Second for the OLP.
    Hamer Slammer makes a nice small scale bass too.
    Of course girls should check out Daisy guitars.

6. my first bass was a hamer slammer. It wasnt that small scale though, it was closer to a P-bass and kinda heavy.

Rogues arent too bad, they are nice and light, and the neck is thin, which is good if your hands are small.

7. Slot

Slot

Oct 17, 2003
    Sydney - The Shire
    haha

8. Slammer makes a chapparel P bass, that's probably what you had. The "Slammer" is a double cutaway small scale bass

9. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    So... how did it get broken?? :confused:

10. pwned