Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new bass!!

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by JazznFunk, Dec 26, 2003.

1. JazznFunk

JazznFunk Supporting Member

Mar 26, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Lakland Basses Artist
    Hey all...

I posted a few weeks ago about my acquisition of a new bass for the holidays. Well, I picked it up today... a new Kohr K64 hybrid. Let's just say that I'm in heaven. We made a few soundpost adjustments at the shop, put some Obligatos on, and then let it settle in. This bass has the best spread and projection I've heard in a long time, and it's so much easier to play. He threw in a nice Eastman bag, Glasser bow and some polish to keep it shiny too, all for free.
    Going from a Crapatino to this has been such an eye opener, and has finally gotten me to the point at which I finally hear the sound I want. Thanks to everyone who either posted or PM'ed me with info and suggetions in the search. I'm looking forward to a long, happy life with this bass. I'll post a picture as soon as I have one.

2. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    can't wait to see what she looks like Jazz!!

3. JazznFunk

JazznFunk Supporting Member

Mar 26, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Lakland Basses Artist
    Here everyone.... pics of the new arrival. Kohr 3/4 hybrid w/ Obligatos. Sounds big!

4. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    Very nice. I have a new arrival coming myself sometime in the middle of January. How exciting!!

5. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Nice! I want an upright badly, some things just aren't in the budget.:( I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

6. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Congrats on your new bass.