1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

new bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mr.Reed, Feb 6, 2016.

1. I decided not to build one out of a guitar body I found and decided to buy a new one I own a eph Tobias Toby Deluxe and a Jackson Cheval b1 but looking for something different so far I'm torn between three different companies dean, Bc rich, and schecter but open to other basses I play difference styles well still learning lol

2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Hey you're new here. Welcome to TalkBass!!!!!

Of those three I find I like the Schecter stuff better. But whatever works for you. Play as many as you can. Your bass search well never end. I have been swapping gear for 25+ years and many here have been doing it for 50. Just enjoy the hunt.

3. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    Depends on how much money you have to spend and what you need from a bass.
    And two fingers is right, definitely play as many as you can...I tried 50 to 60 before I found exactly what I wanted.
    You'll probably find something good after trying 15 or 20, though.
    Start out by narrowing it down.
    Under $400 or over?
    Do you need 4 or 5 strings?
    Do you prefer full-scale or short-scale?
    Do you want a passive bass or an active one?

4. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    sterling SUB ray4, a variety of schecters, ibanez SR300 and some squiers are all nice, sound good and $400 or under.

5. Going to Guitar Center to day and trying some out I'll post pictures of the one I get if I find it

6. I decided on the schecter omen bass just waiting for it to come in:D

jonnybass1 likes this.
  7. jonnybass1

jonnybass1

Dec 9, 2011
    Brampton, On
    That was quick! I hope you enjoy it and GAS doesn't hit you too soon :bassist:

8. I hope not but the wait is killing me lol oh well Toby Deluxe well work for now