Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Scott D, May 9, 2004.

1. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Hey guys, I'd just thought I'd let you know I got a new bass on Friday... A Matt Pulcinella Guitars Level 5 5 string. It's real slick. Alder/Rosewood, Basslines electronics, Hipshot hardware. This bass has serious thump, mixed with some snap. It's mellow, yet in your face... I don't really know how to describe it. It plays like a dream, very lightweight (something Matt's known for) and balances great. It's a very comfortable bass. B is nice and sturdy (35" scale), and it's got low action with minimal fret buzz. Neck profile is wide and flat, and string spacing is 17mm. Played throught my Ampeg/Eden rig, it's very growly. Here's some pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Peace,
    Scott D.

2. Can I have a cup to catch my drool?

3. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    Wow, great bass. Congratulations. Sounds just like the BP review. ;)

I really like the 2-tone SB, instead of the traditional 3-tone. It looks reallly classy. That bridge looks pretty massive in those pics.

:bassist:

4. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Yeah, the bridge is massive, but that coupled with the deep neck inset equals massive sustain. I dig the color too... Here's some more pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Scott,

Nice! The Pulcinella's tend to remind me of Laklands, and believe me, that's not a bad thing. One thing I've always wondered about is the name sticker on the headstock. They always look to me like their one got breath from peeling right off.

Peace,

James

6. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Yeah, that's the only con on this one, the headstock varnish is cracking, and the logo is sort of cracking. I don't know how this could of happened, but it's not bad for the bass. Also, the concentric bass/treble pot is loose, and I have no clue how to fix that on a concentric pot. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Scott D

7. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Ok, figured out the concentric pot... I found a mini-allen wrench. I love this bass.

8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    congrats! looks killer

9. sweet

10. raycer

raycer

Mar 22, 2004
    Orange County, NY
    sharp looking bass :)