1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Bass ....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ilansgroove, Apr 11, 2018.

1. ilansgroove

ilansgroove

Jan 24, 2012
    paris, france
    Went for a small vacation in Tokyo , and came back with this gorgeous BACCHUS 417 AC ...

Sound great , feel great ... looking awesome ....

Don’t know why , but I have the urge to install the Sadowsky pre-Amp kit.

It is currently loaded with Aguilar OBP-2 and it sounds amazing ... but you know ... GAS.

Did anyone here install the Sadowsky kit ? ... anyone on a Bacchus ?

What are your thoughts ??

Attached Files:

2. Dan B

Dan B

Oct 19, 2008
    Amherst, MA
    My thoughts are that I want it. Looks great; love the black and gold look.

ilansgroove likes this.
  3. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

yep: looks perfect! best color (or lack thereof) for bass! congratulations on your new instrument! :thumbsup:

ilansgroove likes this.
  4. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    More proof that Bacchus takes a back seat to no one when it comes to finish variety.

ilansgroove likes this.
  5. lug

lug Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    Beautimous!

UNICORN BASS likes this.
  6. Polfuste

Polfuste

Sep 10, 2010
    South France
    Awesome looking bass ! :cool:

7. UNICORN BASS

UNICORN BASS

Feb 10, 2016
    Michigan USA
    Lovely, lovely, lovely! I want a Bacchus badly.

8. Mammoth_Bass

Mammoth_Bass Check out my band Mammothor!! Supporting Member

May 2, 2016
    Sandown, NH
    Love bacchus and other Japanese brands like FGN. Have foolishly sold both in fits of GAS. 2ED79872-6FEF-4B0E-9311-7E19E5389DC9.jpeg 6D8BF11E-3F0B-4DC7-A974-3B1ACD1768B3.jpeg

FenderOli and ilansgroove like this.
  9. Not as much fun as a gaijin on vacation in Japan, and not as nerve-wracking as waiting out an order from Japan . . . . .

Bacchus, like Moon, et al, have no real American distribution, but they are available thru the Great White North:

www.vsnguitars.com

and lo and behold, FGN is making a small footprint here in the 'States:

www.fgnusa.com (interestingly, this gets you to FGN's worldwide site, then sort thru the 'distributors' tab for the USA: It comes up 'fgnusa.com', but you can't get to it directly . . . . . )

. . . . . I have no relationship with either, just a fan with too much time on his hands in Google Search . . . . .

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    ilansgroove likes this.
  10. ilansgroove

ilansgroove

Jan 24, 2012
    paris, france
    thanks for the great feedback :)

now , does anyone know of a the Hipshot Xtender that will fit for a drop D without having to drill new holes?

11. ilansgroove - beautiful bass. Love the black and gold and the beautiful "ebony" look of the body. Congrats.

ilansgroove likes this.
  12. ilansgroove

ilansgroove

Jan 24, 2012
    paris, france
    Still no luck in finding a drop D tuner for this bass that doesn’t need any drilling ... can anyone help ?

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021