Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NEW BASS!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by paniak17, Jul 14, 2004.

1. im typing really fast and really excited so be prepared for some mistakes, i got a NEW BASS!!! you ugys may rembember my pist off at fender thread, werher my bass was disconitinued, well its nopt anymore!!!! and they installed noiseless pickups, its incredible,!!! Fender Deluxe Jazz bass V MIM!!!!im going to be gone, for lessons, so post commetns i guess!! Im so happy!

2. any chance of some visual entertainment?

3. visual eh? sorry but no visual entertainment for today, maybe some audio if I had a recording program. 5 STRINGS ARE AWESEOME!!!! now my only choice is to stick with low B or change to Hight C, oh its soo hard!!! :bassist:

4. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    Keep in mind that changing from a low B to a high C will probably require more than just a change of strings.

5. nut, maybe action, and might mess with pickups volume i think

am i right?

6. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    Yep, I think.

Mostly that the strings probably won't fit in the nut very well. I've never tried adding a high C to any of my fivers, though, so I don't know for sure whether it would be a problem or not.

7. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Grats!

8. The pickups are unbelievable, i almost freaked out when i first plugged it in, after using my peavey milestone III and hearing soooooo much buzz it made me sick. Im suprised after hearing everyone diss fender, I have to say this, I, Paniak17, Love Fender.

9. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I didn't need to change the nut on my US Curbow when I went from low B to high C.

But, play the bass like it is for a while before you try and decide. You might not want to change.

And, then, if you do decide to switch it out, you can be excited all over again. :D

10. mgood

mgood

Sep 29, 2001
    Levelland, Texas
    Congrats!

11. Nice score man! I'm getting the 4 string version in CAR. What color did you get? How is the B string? You HAVE to post pictures!

12. '

no mines black, i would get it in CAR but the black pickguard just doesnt work with me, though im changing the pickgaurd to a british flag hehehe. Anyway, the b string is EXTREMELY floppy, but get a heavier gauge and youll be fine, and i dont have a dig camera :p <that face is because im happy i got a new bass!

13. Find a way. :D Definately a nice score!

14. if anyone wants sound clips pm me :p