Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jacostilllives, Aug 1, 2004.

1. jacostilllives

jacostilllives

May 4, 2004
    Wow saw this deal at guitar center on a replica Jaco Pastorius Fender bass couldnt pass it up...i guess no one appriciates Jaco anymore but i sure as heck do..Its an amazing bass ill have pictures up as soon as possible

2. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    awww sick those basses are sweet. I dont get the point of the fretted ones i guess but the fretless ones own, nice purchase i wanna see pics

3. thats a bit of a dicky thing to say :scowl:

4. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Those are noce basses. Congrats.

I played one the other day at the local GC. Nice bass, but the bridge saddle for the G string was trashed. Funny thing was they were still asking $999 for it.

5. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    Nice, I was going to order one but i said 2 grand(canadian) for a Fender just because it has Jaco's name in it...nah, and passed it up. Mind me asking ho much it set you back? Soundclips would be cool too.

6. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Remember! we just dont believe you unless you post pics ;)

Sweet bass.

7. That's one of the basses I'm considering buying next (along with a MIA Jazz fretless, if I don't wanna spend the extra cash for the Jaco). Beautiful bass, show us pics!

8. jacostilllives

jacostilllives

May 4, 2004
    Yea sorry didnt mean to offend you by saying no one appriciates jaco i guess you took it the wrong way. As for pics im still not keen on digital camera's so my pics will be here in an hour. As for the price the thing was sitting on the shelf for about 2 years and it was marked down from 3600 to 2200....dont tell me you cant pass that up. Peace

9. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

is it the perfect replica one with all the scratches and screw holes? or is it the one thats new looking?

10. jacostilllives

jacostilllives

May 4, 2004
    Its the Relic Bass so its got all the scratches and screw holes and stuff...ill have pics soon

11. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Is the Jaco relic bass MIA or MIJ?

12. I think they're all MIA... but is it the custom shop model that you bought?

13. jacostilllives

jacostilllives

May 4, 2004
    Finally got the blasted pics...yea its a custom shop

14. jacostilllives

jacostilllives

May 4, 2004
    and because they only let me put 2 pics on at a time

15. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    MINT CONDITION....kinda.

16. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    I almost picked one up at my local GC. They still have it listed around $2500 I believe. It's got a great sound. A little too much $$$ though.

Good luck with it... great bass.

17. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Jeff Rader has one of those. Sweet basses! That's the only fretless that I have ever played that would tempt me away from my Zon.

18. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I really wonder how you descirbe the condition of one of those if you sell it. If you scratch the paintjob..who cares? Or would you still care?

19. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

LMAO! I never thought of that.:D

FS: 1 Jaco relic Jazz, 100% mint, never been played. Original wear only. You have never seen a relic this clean!!!!

20. i think the whole idea of the custom shop is stupid, your bass should have its own character from your own drunken misshaps or an over excited drummer.