1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Bass???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by szego, Aug 5, 2004.

1. szego

szego

Jul 26, 2004
    Hey im using an Ibanez Soundgear bass right now normal 4 string not a horrible bass, but not the best, Im thinking about upgrading, i was looking at the G&L L-2000 or L-2500, but im not quite sure if i want a 5 string or not, any ideas? ill accept any siggestion for any bass (price range is up to like 700)

2. szego

szego

Jul 26, 2004
    come to think of it i just read up and i pretty much narrowed it down to the Tribute G&L L-2500 5 stinrg or L-2000 4 string, not quite sure what to do, bout the same price, 5 string to hard? only been playing a year idk if im ready. any advice?

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Do you NEED a 5 string?

4. szego

szego

Jul 26, 2004
    I'm not in a band yet, i oplay with my friend alot though and i dont wanna get stuck having to buy a 5 string when i start gigging, also my friend is covinced it is just so much better to do, i want prospective from someone with mopre experience. what would you do

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I dont think buying a 5 would be wise unless you were certain you needed one/or even want one.

What I'd do is play some 5 string basses and see if its comfortable for you. For some people it just, isnt. But you may really like a 5 string.