Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Bass???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by szego, Aug 5, 2004.

1. szego

szego

Jul 26, 2004
    Hey im using an Ibanez Soundgear bass right now normal 4 string not a horrible bass, but not the best, Im thinking about upgrading, i was looking at the G&L L-2000 or L-2500, but im not quite sure if i want a 5 string or not, any ideas? ill accept any siggestion for any bass (price range is up to like 700)

2. szego

szego

Jul 26, 2004
    come to think of it i just read up and i pretty much narrowed it down to the Tribute G&L L-2500 5 stinrg or L-2000 4 string, not quite sure what to do, bout the same price, 5 string to hard? only been playing a year idk if im ready. any advice?

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Do you NEED a 5 string?

4. szego

szego

Jul 26, 2004
    I'm not in a band yet, i oplay with my friend alot though and i dont wanna get stuck having to buy a 5 string when i start gigging, also my friend is covinced it is just so much better to do, i want prospective from someone with mopre experience. what would you do

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I dont think buying a 5 would be wise unless you were certain you needed one/or even want one.

What I'd do is play some 5 string basses and see if its comfortable for you. For some people it just, isnt. But you may really like a 5 string.