1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gabu, Apr 27, 2001.

1. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    After reviewing the past threads on it... I am picking up one of those new Steinbergers from musicyo.com . I am getting the 5 string spirit model in white.

I can hardly wait to get it... This is numero cuatro for me!!! :p

2. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    cool. Hope you like it.. I've heard some not so great things of basses from musicyo.com but then again, its all personal ^_^

3. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    I got it!

It looks and sounds way cool... I have the white, 5 string model. It came today, and although it has a couple of issues I like it a lot!

Issue #1 looking at the bridge, if you get close enough to pear beyond the machine heads you can see that they miscut the wood a bit here and didn't try to fill it in or anything, just painted over it.

Issue #2 the flip out doohicky so that you can play it on your lap seems loose to me.

Other than that, it looks great and sounds real nice. It's punchy, as I remember they were when I played one last (back in the 80s!!) and the string spacing is pretty generous. Slapping should not be a problem (for the limited stuff I do anyways). It was in tune when it arrived believe it or not... all in all, I am stoked. :D

That does it, this round is on me!! :)