Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gabu, Apr 27, 2001.

1. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    After reviewing the past threads on it... I am picking up one of those new Steinbergers from musicyo.com . I am getting the 5 string spirit model in white.

I can hardly wait to get it... This is numero cuatro for me!!! :p

2. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    cool. Hope you like it.. I've heard some not so great things of basses from musicyo.com but then again, its all personal ^_^

3. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    I got it!

It looks and sounds way cool... I have the white, 5 string model. It came today, and although it has a couple of issues I like it a lot!

Issue #1 looking at the bridge, if you get close enough to pear beyond the machine heads you can see that they miscut the wood a bit here and didn't try to fill it in or anything, just painted over it.

Issue #2 the flip out doohicky so that you can play it on your lap seems loose to me.

Other than that, it looks great and sounds real nice. It's punchy, as I remember they were when I played one last (back in the 80s!!) and the string spacing is pretty generous. Slapping should not be a problem (for the limited stuff I do anyways). It was in tune when it arrived believe it or not... all in all, I am stoked. :D

That does it, this round is on me!! :)