Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new bass

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by flint, Feb 28, 2005.

1. flint

flint

Aug 24, 2004
    GA
    I picked up a hybrid Christopher (303) on Saturday, and I just wanted to give a positive comment on the experience I had with Ron Sachs, in Atlanta. The experience was exactly as I hoped it would be- relaxed.

As for the bass- I have absolutely no buyers remorse. I had been renting a christopher ply, but the time was right for an upgrade. The Hybrid sounded as good to me as the others that I tried costing twice as much. (although it didnt hold a candle to the Prescott!!! what makes it sound so good???) There was a Shen 7/8 fb willow that sounded better than what I got, but it also costs three times as much. The bass is new, so it needs to be opened up. long.... tones.... are in order. Overall the sound quality is much more complex-especially the upper register than the other christopher.

sum up-good bass, good experience with Ron Sachs.

2. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Sweet! New basses are definately exciting. I really wanted to try some Christophers when I was shopping, but there were none in my area.