New bass!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by badsneakers, Jul 28, 2005.

1. badsneakers

May 31, 2004
    I picked up a Hamer Monaco on Tuesday. This thing rocks! A great sounding and playing bass. I have never had a bass feel so right in my hands, does that make sense? Whatever, I love it!

Thanks Rock City Guitars!

All I have is a camera phone, I'll see if I can take a decent picture with that.
    Here is a picture from the web site-
  2. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    wow its so nice,i love this semi hollow basses,i see a Eric Truffaz video and his bassist use a bass similar like this Hammer and the sound is amazing.
  3. Starbucker

Starbucker Guest

Jun 29, 2005
    Billings, MT
    Nice grab. I dig it.
  4. Is it a 34" scale or a short scale? I have had my eye on the Monaco bass for a while. They are absolutely gorgeous and Hamer USA quality is second to none!
  5. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    That bass caught my eye. What's the nut width? Weight? Is it boomy? Tell us more. Well balanced?
  6. badsneakers

May 31, 2004
    It is a 34" scale and weighs around 8 lbs.

It is a little bit boomy, with a little bit of hum if I get right up against the amp, it is a chambered body. The tone is rich, full and solid. Even sound through out the whole bass. It has a lot of character, a sound all of its own with a lot of bite. You can get a nice pbass sound too. I do need to screw with my amp settings more though, I had been playing a Grabber for over a year now and this is a completely different animal.

The build quality is fantastic.
    No neck dive either like you might suspect it to have. Its a very comfortable bass to play.
    I have a few more band rehearsals before I get to play out with it on August 8
  7. The Phat Cat bass pups are single coil, so a bit of hum is to be expected. I think you've got yourself instrument there...enjoy it!
  8. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Thanks for the biz Badsneakers! That bass tempted me the short time it was here. I'm ordering one for myself now that's olympic white with tortoise binding!!!!!!!!!!! I might even make it an 8 string, medium scale, which Hamer said they'd do for me. God I love those guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. badsneakers

May 31, 2004

sounds sweet!