Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Bass

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by philax17, Jun 16, 2001.

1. Hey Folks I'm a new bass player and I'm curious if anyone has any advise for me or anything like that

2. Stick around on these forums, you'll get a lot of usefull tips / ideas / blah blah :)

3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

phil - One way to get started and see what others in your shoes have asked is to go to the very top of any of these pages and find the "Search" icon.
    After you click on it, try "beginner" in the keyword search or "newbie." Both will show you some recent ground others in your shoes have covered recently.

If there's a specific question you want to ask, start your own thread like you did here.

Just asking for general, unfocused "advice" of real value to you is tough. It could range anywhere from "get a good teacher who plays bass as their primary instrument," to "learn that you are the glue that holds the beat and the melody together."

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    And beware of my comments ... I keep my tongue holstered in my cheek, and occasionally take it out.