new bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by zephoria, Oct 26, 2006.

1. zephoria

zephoria

Oct 26, 2006
    Waco, Texas
    ok guys and gals,
    i know that im not the only one who asked this but i'm lazy. i live in a town that has 2 music stores that are worth anything (actually one closed its doors on sat. so im down to one) but they hae the same basses, squires and used junky basses that no one should ever play. i live too far from guitar center (about 3 hours) to go and find a bass that i like, so to my question. i've been playing bass for 2 years and i am ready to move on to a non-beginner bass, any suggestions. i play praise and worship, classic rock, and blues. i like fat lows and clear mids and i am trying to teach myself how to slap.

any suggestions???

2. Yamaha RBX374

My catch all solution, it can do so many tones, and it does them all well, and it feels good

3. malicous

malicous

Apr 25, 2006
    Los Angeles
    How bout a good made in Mexico Fender jazz bass? I have a student who plays in hish church band and we went down to GC and got him a cpecial anniversary edition Jazz bass with ash body that is very nice. See if you can try one out.

4. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
  5. Scott in Dallas

Scott in Dallas Commercial User

Aug 16, 2005
    Dallas, north Texas
    Builder and Owner: DJ Ash Guitars
    Buy an essex.

6. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    there is a sticky at the top of the bass forum. it has many threads that will help you.

welcome to TB. if you read all the FAQ's and stuff for newbies, you will probably answer most of your questions.

what price range are you looking in?

i would recommend fender standard jazz, yamaha bb series basses, and warwick rockbass corvettes for a beginner.

7. zephoria

zephoria

Oct 26, 2006
    Waco, Texas
    as far as price is concerned, since my wife is awesome to the max i really have no price cap, i mean more than 2 or 3 grand seems a bit much for me. i was looking at warwicks online. i know a cat here that swears by them. when i ask local guys they just say "have you tried aardvark bros. they have some good basses there, you should try them."

and about the faqs, did i mention that im lazy!!!:)

8. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH

did i mention that someone (just like you) comes to TB everyday and posts the exact same thread.

find the motivation to read the FAQ's before the older and not so nicer people start pulling out their flamethrowers.

9. zephoria

zephoria

Oct 26, 2006
    Waco, Texas
    im out!!!

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021