1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by flearules12, Dec 8, 2006.

1. flearules12

flearules12

Dec 6, 2006
    hey i am looking to get a new bass with a budget of around $1750 (Canadian). i am wondering what i should look out for when i go to the stores and any brands i should look for in particular. Right now i have my eye on the MusicMan Stingray.

2. allenhumble

allenhumble

Oct 22, 2004
    Acworth GA.
    Lakland Skyline basses:smug:

3. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    If you want a MusicMan, then get one! They are great basses with a great sound! They are almost always very well built and they have great playability. I don't think you'll be unhappy with a stingray or sterling if that is the bass you truely want!

4. mimaz

mimaz

Mar 1, 2005
    Wheeling WV
    Endorsing Artist: Crook Custom Guitars
    I don't remember how it converts........$1750 Canadian is about how much American right now?

5. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I'm not sure of the exact amount, but with the fall of the American dollar as of late, it is pretty darn close to an even exchange.

6. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    According to XE.com:

$1USD = $1.147CAD

7. As of today, 1750 CAD is $1524.32 US.

8. SurrenderMonkey

SurrenderMonkey

Aug 18, 2006
    Liverpool
    Sterling or SR are great. Judging by your alias, you will not be dissapointed.

Warwick does some nice stuff too, but quite different (I'm a WW fanboy). Fenders, Lackland, Carvin, Peavey Cirrus, Spector Euro, the Ibanez BTB range, the Yamaha TRBs, ... the usual suspects. Anything in that price range is starting to become special.

9. puff father

puff father Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Endicott, NY
    Perhaps a used Metro will turn up?

10. Anthbass

Anthbass

Jul 24, 2006
    Canada
    Dingwall AB1, or a (used) Kinal.

11. UBU

UBU

Nov 15, 2006
    NYC
    Oh man, go play a sterling bass. They feel so right.

12. Get the stingray. I didnt realize it until I started playing bass but a stingray is what Ive always thought a bass should sound like.

13. mimaz

mimaz

Mar 1, 2005
    Wheeling WV
    Endorsing Artist: Crook Custom Guitars
    +1000 !!

You're only a couple hundred away from what I recently spent on my Sadowsky RV5........If you're lookin' for a 4 string, sounds like you're pretty close to the right price range, bass bliss just around the corner.

14. Birdsong will do fine.