1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TheApostlePaul, Dec 23, 2006.

1. TheApostlePaul

TheApostlePaul

Dec 20, 2006
    I'm getting back into playing after being away for a while for health reasons. My wife got me a Schecter as an early Christmas present and it was a beautiful bass, but it just didn't play very nice. I went back to the store and after playing a ton of basses in the same price range as the Schecter I ended up picking this Ibanez. We even got a few bucks back because it was cheaper.

What's funny is that I didn't believe that it could play better than the Schecter, it is an Ibanez GSR205 after all, so I kept playing others after I tried it. None of them though, played like this 205. I went back and grabbed it off the rack before someone snagged it on me (is was on for $230 bucks since it is an older model). I know it isn't as killer as some of the basses on here but I am loving it. :hyper:

I've been playing it for the last couple of days thinking that I was going to start to hate it and bring it back, but I am falling more and more in love with it the more I play it.

It ain't going back.

[​IMG]

2. Baa

Baa Happy hobbyplayer

Jan 10, 2006
    stockholm, sweden
    Great find! The ibby SR´s are great basses in terms of feel and playability. And they are reliable aswell. I don´t think you´ll regret that buy. May it serve you well.

3. Good choice man! I think Ibanez make some of the most comfortable basses. It's a very fine bass, you'll love it! (Or else you wouldn't have bought it, right?)

4. Ibanez makes some killer basses and guitars. Nice bass BTW.

lowsound

5. bobalu

bobalu Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2004
    above the 49th
    "I know it isn't as killer as some of the basses on here but I am loving it".

It certainly is killer if you love it and play it! I wish I had a nickel for every killer bass sound I heard only to walk up to the band for a closer look and see that it was a Squier/MIM Fender/Ibanez and even a Jay Turser once. I quickly learned to respect the bass player, not his bass. :bassist:

Nothing wrong with the more affordable basses.

Love that electric blue btw!

6. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    nice. i have a GSR200 and i'm gonna have to say that all the Ibanezes i've played have been sooooo smooth, all the way from nice(r) SRs to the humble little GSR.

7. I had a gsr200 for a couple years,,,
    sold it,
    wish I didn't,,, love the neck

8. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Nice:bassist: :bassist: :bassist: ... And welcome back. Glad you're well enough to start playing again.:)

9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

I know that I am in the minority here, but I would take a Soundgear over any of the newer Schecters that I have played.

They look beautiful, but every one that I have played was very uncomfortable. And the string spacing on the fivers is too narrow. It may be the same as a Soundgear, but it feels narrower.

Welcome back!:bassist:

10. Nice bass, and I really like the color too. What are you playing it through?

11. TheApostlePaul

TheApostlePaul

Dec 20, 2006
    Thanks for the kudos everybody. It is very nice to be back. If I can give you all one piece of advice, if you ever get diagnosed with some kind of heealth condition, go get a second opinion. I wish I hadn't waiteed 4 years to get mine.

Don't laugh. I am using my old Pignose for now.

OK, go ahead and laugh. :D

12. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    Nice pick and enjoy the new leg of the bass journey.