Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Bass!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by p funk allstar, Jan 6, 2002.

1. I finally got my new bass... I was down at a local music stor checking out the fretless basses, when I saw a DeArmond Pilot Deluxe... I immediately noticed the ash top, and the maple/ash/walnut laminated neck. I also noted the neck through body construction. I hooked it up to the nearest amp.. and Damn... it played great.. It has a great active pre amp and nice humbuckers.. excellent for slap and fingerstyle rock... All for a price tag of $450. Guitar center had it for over $100 more... So I think I did well.

2. Thanks.. I'll try to post some pics as soon as possible.

3. Congrats with the new bass ... it's always nice when you come home with a new 'toy' !

Keep on rockin'

4. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    That's a nice bass. Where did you get it? A local shop, on line, or at a big retailer?

5. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Sounds like a great bass at a nice price. I considered one of them awhile back, but the 35" scale put me off - I have a hard enough time with 34" and my arthritis. Congrats!

6. Sorry it took me a while to answer, ZuluFunk.... I picked it up at a local spot called Robiie's Music.. They were the leaders in North Jersey till Guitar Center came in, and they've been in some economic trouble ever since, so they are quite flexible with their prices. They have great service, too, the people definitely know what they're talking about.