Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mellem, Mar 13, 2002.

1. Mellem

Mellem

Feb 1, 2002
    Greenville, MI
    Hello everyone! I've been playing bass for 2 years now, but I don't know much about bass models, and I'm looking for a new one. I need a bass that is somewhat light-weight, only 4 strings, full range neck, and a punchy, light tone. I've been looking at this blue 4 string Warwick Corvette w/ preamp, which is very nice, but it is over $1,000. I'd like to spend under $1,000, so if there are any other basses that will act like that one, let me know. Thanks!

2. welcome to talkbass :)
    I guess I'll be the first to tell you, that this question gets asked all the time. if you use the search function you may find your answer. but in the meantime...
    is $1000 your max spending limit?
    if so, there is tons of good basses for that price range that meet your criteria. maybe check out the Spectors, Deans, or if you like the Rickenbacker or Fender models those are classic "cant go wrong" basses. Peavy, Yamaha, and Ibanez make some good stuff too.
    remember, if you look at websites and they have the "list" price. you should always be able to get it for about 35% less at your local shop.
    do some price shopping here;
    musicyo.com
    musiciansfriend.com
    look up some really cool models here; ;)
    DeanGuitars.com
    Rickenbacker.com

3. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
  4. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Reverend.

Or a used Zon Sonus, if you can find one.

5. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    I second the Reverend!

I tried it out the other day, it´s a very nice bass.

6. Yamaha TRB-5 or TRB-4