Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Bass!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Skorzen, Jun 24, 2002.

1. Skorzen

Skorzen

Mar 15, 2002
    Springfield MA
    I just got a great deal on this slightly used G&L L-2500. I got it from a friend of mine who is the manages of a local music store. Conections pay off:D This bass sounds great very clear with no signs of muddyness. I has a natural ash body with a Birdseye maple neck and fret board.

[​IMG]

2. Skorzen

Skorzen

Mar 15, 2002
    Springfield MA
    Anybody know why the pic is getting cut in half?

edit: I fixed it:)

3. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    I think the previous owner ate the body and half the neck, but couldnt stomach the tuning pegs. perhaps.

4. Skorzen

Skorzen

Mar 15, 2002
    Springfield MA
    heres another pic

[​IMG]

5. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    wow, that looks nice.:)

6. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Congrats on the new axe!
    Doc

7. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    that's a great bass. love to have one but here in italy they are really expensive!

8. Skorzen

Skorzen

Mar 15, 2002
    Springfield MA
    This bass rocks I have been playing it so much to day my hands are actualy phisically tired. It's a weird feeling, but that means that I need to play it more right? :D

9. NICE SCORE!!! :D

It looks pretty similar to mine, which I've fallen in love with again. I was thinking about getting a "super-jazz" like an FMT or Sadowsky, but maybe I'll just use this bass!

10. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    Even 1/2 a bass looks great! Love the wood.

11. Skorzen

Skorzen

Mar 15, 2002
    Springfield MA
    I Really like the birdseye on the neck on this bass, you can't really see it in the other pics, bet heres one of the head stock that lets you see it. Its not the buisyist I've seen but it adds alot to the instrument.

[​IMG]

12. Congratulations! That's a really pretty bass :)
    Love the birdseyes!

G&L's have frequently been labeled by some bassists as not having any real character. I've never tried one myself, but how do you like yours, character-wise? Has it got some mojo?

They look like a cool design with the dual humbuckers and active electronics. I would think the G&L 'character' would be REALLY ballsy, gutsy sound with lots of clarity, sort of like a Stingray on steroids :D

Have fun!

13. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  14. Freakapotamus9

Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    Nebraska
    beautiful bass!

very very nice. congratulations!:cool:

15. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    VERY nice man, one day i will have one but with a rosewood fingerboard and in sunburst... mmmmm G&L....

16. Skorzen

Skorzen

Mar 15, 2002
    Springfield MA
    I would say this bass has tons of character, just look at it :D It is not really unique for one sound, but as many have said it has a very versitile range of tones. I can get round motown sounds, to a really cool gritty funk sound, to a really "Highfi" sound with treble to rip your hair out :D actually sounds cool for melodic stuff with harmonics, but try slap and pop and then you need to go see the ear docter :D Overall the sound is very clear and defined. even with a "dull" sound it does not get muddy, it's very defined from string to string.