Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NEW BASS!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lil_bass_boy, Oct 26, 2002.

1. lil_bass_boy

lil_bass_boy Banned

Oct 25, 2001
    Maryland, USA
    Hello TB gang,

Im very happy cause today I got a wonderful sounding bass at a wonderful price.

I woke up this mourning, with a budget of around $500. I was planning to go around town and search for a decent bass. I thought I was probably gonna end up with a Fender of some sort. Well, when I arrived at the music store (Chuck Levin's in Wheaton) I went over to the bass section and saw a wonderful deal. Sitting there was a Warwick Streamer Standard 4-string. I swear, it spoke to me. And the price was even better. $500! It wasn't used and didn't have any apperant flaws. I plugged it in and :eek:. It sounded wonderful. I asked the salesman there what was the deal. He said that the bass was new and perfect. But they were bringing in a new line of RockBasses and they had to get rid of the old models (this isn't a RockBass, by the way). So they put the Streamers on clearence. The action was a little high, but he said they would do a free set-up. Adjust the action and new strings on it. A half-an-hour later, I was walking out of Chuck's with a big grin. Im EXTREMELY happy with my purchase.

Pic will be coming soon.

-Max

Lovin' the Warwick sound.

P.S: I don't know what exactly the wood is on this. It's hard to explain. It has dark lines going vertically. Does anyone know. I can give the serial number if that aids in the process.

2. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    if it's a streamer standard it's carolena wood. almost like an agathis but a little harder. i'd say tonally its like a really light alder.

did you get the 1 or 2 pickup model?

they're quite nice, because they use the exact same necks that any other bolt on warwick could have recieved at that time. every one i've played i've come away from quite impressed (high praise from an ss2 owner).

but...

where are the pics?! ;)

3. lil_bass_boy

lil_bass_boy Banned

Oct 25, 2001
    Maryland, USA
    I got the 2 pickup model.

I love the sound, geez. :D

I'm borrowing a digital camera tommarow, so you wont have to wait long.

4. jtd125

jtd125

Mar 16, 2002
    Agoura Hillis, CA
    you got an awesome deal on a great bass

5. welcome to the club :)

6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I'm not very familiar with the Warwick line of basses but it seems like you got a KILLER deal!!!!! Congrats.

7. supergreg

supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    Wow :eek: Good deal!!!

8. Sahbiot

Sahbiot

Aug 28, 2002
    Australia, Sydney
    Its gotta be a streamer std, if it is, you've done yourself PROUD my boy! hehe The first warwick i ever played was a streamer std with only 1 pickup and it sounds so goooood, thats what put me in the warwick scene. I was gonna buy it, but thought i'd save up for a more expensive warwick, but i would have gotten it in a blink if it had two pickups like yours. Definately stage worthy.

warwick5s is right, carolena wood is what its made out of.

9. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    welcome to the club!

streamer jazzman here

10. I played one yesterday. The one I played was priced at 849.00. With two pups.

11. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist

Let me get this straight...they put the Streamers on clearance because they were bringing in Rockbasses? Unbelievable...

:rolleyes: