New Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Bassguy87564, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Bassguy87564

Bassguy87564

Jul 5, 2006
    NJ
    I just put a deposit down on a bass I needed an upgrade from my student bass here are the specs.
    Maker: Gotz
    Origin: German
    Size 7/8
    once I pick it up ill post pictures but it looks really nice it has a spruce top with flamed maple sides and back. I got it at the David Gage's shop in nyc. I cant wait to have it in my possession :D

2. IdealWay

IdealWay

Oct 18, 2006
    Asheville, NC
    Congrats! I greatly anticipate that day. How long have you been doubling?

3. Looking forward to pics!

4. Bassguy87564

Bassguy87564

Jul 5, 2006
    NJ
    I have been playing for about 4-5 years some were in between there. My student bass just does not get the quality and volume I need now so I thought I should upgrade.

5. Bassguy87564

Bassguy87564

Jul 5, 2006
    NJ
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Its Finally HERE :hyper:

6. encouraging step up.
    *need more people in the house ;)

7. salcott

salcott Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2007
    NYC, Inwood.
    Congratulations!

8. tomshepp

tomshepp Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2006
    Maynard MA
    Nice Bass! Congrats!:hyper::hyper::hyper:

9. MIKMAN

MIKMAN

Mar 4, 2008
    Larisa, Greece
    What a wonderful piece of art! Enjoy it!

10. Bassguy87564

Bassguy87564

Jul 5, 2006
    NJ
    Thanks everyone I really cant get off of it really haven't stopped playing her today

11. Jake deVilliers

Jake deVilliers Commercial User

May 24, 2006
    Crescent Beach, BC
    Owner of The Bass Spa, String Repairman at Long & McQuade Vancouver
    That's a pretty bass and I don't mean to rain on your parade, but who installed that hugely over-sized bridge?! :(

The feet should be able to fit between the eyes of the f-holes and the pix don't show that...

12. geoffbassist

geoffbassist UK Double Bassist Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 17, 2006
    UK
    Founder - Discover Double Bass
    Looks great. Enjoy.

13. That may be the nicest looking Gotz I've seen and I've known a few, but I gotta gotta agree with Jake that the bridge looks way too big for that bass. You say it's a 7/8, so even if it's a full size bridge.....? Maybe an odd bass bar placement?

14. Eric Swanson

Eric Swanson

Oct 8, 2007
    Boston, MA
    Congratulations! Looks as if you got something really nice...

Enjoy it!

15. christ andronis

christ andronis

Nov 14, 2001
    Chicago
    ..that's a beautiful bass, but for some reason it looks small to me...not anywhere near a 7/8. You don't look like a big guy and the bass looks small next to you. Other than that....if it works, great!

16. Bassguy87564

Bassguy87564

Jul 5, 2006
    NJ
    Yeah it is not a 7/8 for some reason on david gage's web site i think it said 7/8 it is really 3/4. I am not to sure the reasons for the large bridge I thought the same thing but it sounds amazing so I am not questioning it. The only thing I would say is the e string is a bit high but it is really not bad at all I really am in love with it. Next time I am back in david gage's store I will ask about it. I should also mention my bass is really 45 years old it was made in 1965. Paul I do have to say on the side there has been some repairs done but yeah compared to alot of pictures I've seen of Gotz mine does look in good shape.

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021