Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SlavaF, Feb 15, 2003.

1. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Oh yeah! I went to the store today, looking to get a sell price on my old soundgear, when I see the BTB405 there. Apparently, the store ordered it again, so it doesn't have bartolinis and an ash body, but it sounds awesome!:bassist: It is hella heavy for me, a somewhat short 14 year old, but I seem to be able to navigate the much larger neck reasonably well. Well I'm off to go play! I'll leave you with some very crappy webcam pics if you want to see it. P.S. It is red if you can't tell in the pictures.

2. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    More on this later!:cool:

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Not bad at all. I'd be all over one if they were 34" scale necks.

4. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Nice!.. but one question, hows the sustain with the indi bridge?...

Alex

5. Congrats.. You seem to be in love with it.. I'm pretty happy with mine too.. :cool:

6. darkspec

darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    I want to get that same model when after i get my new rig this summer. can youu review it for me? And, how much did you pay for it? I love that 35" scale

7. eVersi0n

eVersi0n

Dec 30, 2002
    Canada, Alberta
    Nice, I got the same bass, exactly a week ago as of today, still lovin it. As for the sustain on the monorail2 bridge, its good. I havn't had any probs yet with mine, cept the action is still a bit to high for my likings but doesn't stop me form playing. Heres a pic of mine, finally got some better pictures.
    Good luck with your BTB.

8. eVersi0n

eVersi0n

Dec 30, 2002
    Canada, Alberta
    Couldn't resist, another.

9. hey how big is that monitor of yours?

:p

10. eVersi0n

eVersi0n

Dec 30, 2002
    Canada, Alberta
    Yeah the first one is kinda long, but after i go under 375pi/w, the quality looks bad, and you hafta maintain the ratio of the image, or you wouldn't be ablt to tel the headstock from the input jack.
    Sorry about the size of body3.jpg.

11. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    I got a sweet deal: $705 Canadian! That's about 400 US. The 35' scale is definitely noticable (the g string is so tight:eek::D) but the B string sounds awesome. Obviously my 25 watt 8 inch Marshall speaker won't do it justice, but I played it through a Mesa Boogie Bass 400+ and some Ampeg 6x10, and it sounded kick-ass! String spacing is quite different than my old soundgear 4 and it is quite heavy, but it's more than made up for by the awesome tone and feel. My fingers can move way faster than on my old basses, and the EQ is great, although I still have to figure out a few things about it. All in all, awesome!:cool:

12. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I had a 405 for a while, and it was one of the most comfortable basses for me to play... I kinda wish I hadn't gotten rid of it, and just upgraded the preamp! oh well, live and learn, huh?! Enjoy... they are really nice basses!

P@

13. eVersi0n

eVersi0n

Dec 30, 2002
    Canada, Alberta
    Hey Masterbasser_43, Did you pick it up at long & Mcqade in Edmonton? I paid about the same price for mine, at the Long & McQade in Calgary.

14. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    yeah those btbs are pretty nice. You done good son.. real good :)

15. Sonic

Sonic Lord of the Grump

Nice bass dude, I luv BTB's, wish I had one. By the way for Brenden, the brand new BTB's have a 34'' scale on them, check out the NAMM section on the Ibanez site. happy playing:bassist:

16. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    No, actually I got it at a place called Mother's Music. Pretty good place. Glad you guys think I made the right choice!:)