1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jtalamusic, Jul 16, 2012.

1. jtalamusic

jtalamusic

Jul 16, 2012
    Hi Folks

Wanting to buy a new 4 string bass with a Nut width between 37mm to 38mm, however no greater than 38mm, with standard 20 to 22 frets/fretless, slim neck radius, and very easy access to higher register without having to adjust or compensate my hand position to much.

Also the bass needs to be light or at least a great deal lighter than my original 75 Fender Jazz,

Not overly fussed about the electronics but some on board eq would be great.

I could get a bass built by a custom bass builder, but the pricing for some of these bass's is simply way to high.

I have seen and played the Gary Willis bass and it had a great feel, tone and playability about it, however was wanting some input from some other bass people.

your thoughts would be appreciated

cheers